Edit Custom Scaling in Built Application

dblk22vball

I am looking to be able to use a custom scale (converting voltage to a pressure) and would like to be able to change (calibrate) the scale during run-time in my built application.

I am stuck using a USB-6008 to read the pressure. The pressure sensor is a 4-20 mA device, so I run the device across a resistor to get a voltage and then convert that to a pressure. Obviously, the resistor is not the nominal value, so my conversion will be slightly off, so I want to be able to adjust my scaling factor and be able to see the pressure change.

I know that there is a the custom scaling node, but all that seems to do is change which scale is active.

I did not see a place in MAX to do a "live" update to the scaling.

Can you point me in the right direction?

I did not see a place in MAX to do a "live" update to the scaling.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Hi dblk22vball

You can easily add scales in MAX, they appear as per below:

You can edit them whilst the global channel is running, but you have to stop and restart for the change to take effect.

post-10325-125052036069_thumb.png

• Like 1

ok, I had the scales set up and added to each channel (as you illustrated), but I was not sure if there was a way to do it in real time.

I will just then start and stop the channels to change it, or maybe I will go back to just reading the voltage and then scaling it afterwards myself so it can be updated real time (the program is not for me, but the foreman on the floor, so the less steps the better)

ok, I had the scales set up and added to each channel (as you illustrated), but I was not sure if there was a way to do it in real time.

I will just then start and stop the channels to change it, or maybe I will go back to just reading the voltage and then scaling it afterwards myself so it can be updated real time (the program is not for me, but the foreman on the floor, so the less steps the better)

Because of the need to stop the task in MAX it might be best to do something in LabVIEW.

You could easily update scaling parameter when the user changes the scale.

More flexibility, but more work.

I would just tell the Boss its not possible to do in real time from MAX. :unsure: