Non-LV sub-forum

Over the years, I have occasionally had a technical but non-LabVIEW related problem I couldn't seem to solve. And every once in awhile I've gotten so frustrated that I've posted it to a LV forum (here, or info-LabVIEW) anyway. With all sorts of apologies for being off-topic appended, of course.

There are a lot of smart people on this forum who know a lot about non-LabVIEW related things. I was wondering how The Powers That Be (and the rest of you guyze) would feel about having an actual sub-forum for technical, but non-LabVIEW related topics? Or is there already some tacitly agreed upon place to post this sort of thing? Or is it really a Big No-No that we should discourage?

(and yes, this is a bit self-serving, since I do have a technical but non-LV related problem I need help with smile.gif )

Cat

I would suppose that the best place would be the LAVA Lounge.

Description:

Enter the lounge and discuss anything and everything. Nothing is off-topic and all discussions are encouraged. Please post LabVIEW related discussions in the other forums.

On the other hand, if the question is technical and in need of a timely answer, I would try to find a forum that addresses the problem. I bought a BBQ grill some time ago. The folks here certainly could help out, but I decided to look for a BBQ forum to find expert advice and experiences on the subject.

Finding a good site for your subject can be difficult, so maybe the best thing is to ask for the best place to get an answer to X.

If your question is computer/os/networking related, you might try Stack Overflow

Yes, the LAVA lounge is currently open to serve you...

All of us have strange sideline interests that can be tapped into. For example, I've made a MAME machine and I'm currently building an HTPC. I'm also getting pretty good and making videos for the web (I can help with gear, editing and publishing). I put together the latest VIPM video.

Of course, most of us have to interface LabVIEW with actual hardware. So it requires knowledge beyond programming to get the job done.

I'm also getting pretty good and making videos for the web (I can help with gear, editing and publishing). I put together the latest VIPM video.

As weird as it sounds I really liked that video. One of my co-workers was watching it and showed everyone that was around because it looked so cool. My only worry would be that people would be more interested in the zooming and effects than the actual content of the video.

If you don't mind me asking what did you use to edit that video?

• 4 weeks later...