LV2009, MCL still unusable for large selections

jzoller

MCL = MultiColumn Listbox

Broken since... erm, 7.1ish?

To see the bug, select the first element in the MCL, scroll to the bottom, and shift click the last element. book.gif It pegs a processor core, too.

To see the correct behavior, restart the VI, scroll to the bottom of the MCL, select the last element, scroll to the top, and shift click the first element.

I'd hate for it to fall off the bug list.

Joe Z.

x-post to http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=436150

MCL_Bug.vi

Edited by jzoller
I have serious doubts about the willingness of NI to fix bugs, that are not totally critical.

Unfortunatly bugs like these (semi-minor cosmetic) are easily dropped from any known issues list.

Very strange that such things happen.

Ton

Since this actually works if you run the selection backwards, I was hoping it would be a nice low hanging fruit (as my project managers like to say) for NI to easily fix.

this may remain for quite some time considering NI is planning to release a new version of LabVIEW every year sad.gif - JustinThomas

I wish I could dispute this, but there's still the mentality that "new features sell new customers". I don't really think that's so true anymore, given LV's level of maturity. On the other hand, I've yet to see marketing put "with over 200 bugs fixed!" in a major product announcement.

Maybe you should also post this in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange to get it higher visibility.

Hopefully, the Idea Exchange doesn't get too cluttered with bugs. Maybe the idea to post is for a LabVIEW Customer Bug Ranking system... what's causing the most pain for end users?

Thanks all,

Joe Z.