Is there a cluster frame color property?

Jim Kring

Well, I don't think there are any exposed properties for this. There may always be some hidden ones. :wink: In any case, there may be a workaround, it depends on what you're after. If you use the "classic" cluster then you can make it transparent. This will make the frame go away and then you can put another object behind the cluster so the outline of it is shown behind it. Then you can change the colour of this object (color box?)via a property node. There is another option to embed this object as an element within the cluster. However this introduces an unnecessary data object which you may not want.

I've posted a hack the simulates a cluster frame color change. Not very elegant, but may be good enough for your application now.

How hard is it to get NI to add these properties the the list? They have to be there, just not exported. Does LAVA and OpenG give the two of you enough celebrity to call the developers and get this into 7.1? :P

Download File:post-10-1073107696.vi

I've posted a hack the simulates a cluster frame color change. Not very elegant, but may be good enough for your application now.
Thanks for the fine example. Actually what I am trying to do is programatically drop a cluster on the front panel and then change the color of its frame. This needs to work for arbitrary clusters.
How hard is it to get NI to add these properties the the list? They have to be there, just not exported. Does LAVA and OpenG give the two of you enough celebrity to call the developers and get this into 7.1?   :P

The easiest way is to submit a support request on NI's website, or to submit it as a "bug" during the beta program. It might be easy, it just depends. No, I don't have any extra pull ;-)

Thanks again,

-Jim

• 19 years later...