IMAQ Rake for Polygon ROI?

The ROI for IMAQ Rake must be rectangle or rotate rectangle. But I have to use the Polygon ROI for the input parameter. So I want to know how resolve this problem. Thanks The ROI for IMAQ Rake must be rectangle or rotate rectangle. But I have to use the Polygon ROI for the input parameter. So I want to know how resolve this problem. Thanks .

Vision Development Module 7.0.1 - Windows 2000/95/98/NT/XP - UPDATE中提到This is the IMAQ Vision 7.0.1 Update. It provides several enhancements to IMAQ Vision 7.0. It is a free download and IMAQ Vision 7.0 must be installed in order to run this update. The following feature have been improved: 1. Removed memory leaks associated with saving and loading images with overlays. 2. IMAQ Copy Overlay with the source and destination images the same now works correctly. 3. IMAQ Rake now works correctly with all Polygon ROIs. 4. The LabVIEW Image Display control displays more efficiently. 5. IMAQ Fit Circle 2 now returns the correct area and perimeter measurements.

But I find the results are not the same as the above reports.

The ROI for IMAQ Rake must be rectangle or rotate rectangle. But I have to use the Polygon ROI for the input parameter. So I want to know how resolve this problem. Thanks The ROI for IMAQ Rake must be rectangle or rotate rectangle. But I have to use the Polygon ROI for the input parameter. So I want to know how resolve this problem. Thanks .

Vision Development Module 7.0.1 - Windows 2000/95/98/NT/XP - UPDATE中提到This is the IMAQ Vision 7.0.1 Update. 3. IMAQ Rake now works correctly with all Polygon ROIs.

But I find the results are not the same as the above reports.

As far as I remember, IMAQ Rake always needed a rectangular ROI. (Sorry I don't have LV on my home PC to check it). I have used it all the way upto LabVIEW/Vision 8.6.

You could transform the Polygon into a Mask, then fit a larger rectangle that encompasses all the polygon points. Use this rectangle as the ROI.

Any pts outside your polygon will be "black" and hopefully no edges will be detected there.

Neville.

Edited by Neville D

Thanks for your replay.

I try the method of your suggestion to application. The points outside of polygon are black but the transition of black to polygon , the IMAQ RAKE find the edge, however only the points inside of polygon are my wants. So how find the edge points are along the polygon line is important. how ?

I want to use the edge points to compare with the polygon line coordinates. but the coordinates of contours meanings? 1,2 is origin, 3,4 is second origin?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...