GOOP Developer Source Code is available

Kurt Friday

Hi Everyone.

As I mentioned earlier I was thinking about releasing the GOOP Developer source code under the BSD open source license. Well for those who are interested you can download it here.

It's written in LabVIEW 7.1 and there were a few challenges I had to overcome to make an application have a file explorer look and feel such as contextual popup menus, splitter bars, treeviews and listviews that worked the way I wanted them to.

Its all object oriented, built on an early implementation of the OOP framework. There are lots of scripting goodies in there and lots of useful components or frameworks you could pull out of it.

So enjoy, if there is something that isn't clear or commented enough let me know.

Thank you Kurt! In my younger days I would have been on this like flies on .... ! Life's demands will keep me from implementing my dreams for a while but I hope to follow-up with this later.

Again, thank you for sharing!

Ben

Nice, and thanks. But it doesn't work. Not in Lv 6.1 or LV 7.1 It will not connect to the vi server. Everything is set as described regarding ports. The vi server settings report port 0, and when changing it, it still is 0 when trying to change it again. The ini file is set to 3363.

I assume you are running the exe?

Have you configured your LabVIEW VI Server settings correctly? The tutorial steps you through the steps, but follow the settings shown below.

For LabVIEW 7.1

post-1058-125304882215_thumb.jpg

post-1058-125304886837_thumb.jpg

post-1058-125304893556_thumb.jpg

You can edit the port that GOOP Developer uses to connect to LabVIEW either via the GOOP Developer.ini file or from GOOP Developer main menu, goto Optons -> VI Server Settings. Your GOOP Developer VI Server port and LabVIEW VI Server Port must match.

I have traced the error to Listview.Create.vi

IListViev node report Error 97 (Null Refnum). The “Value” outof AXCont is 0, even though the reference into it is a valid refnum.

I am running Vista right now, maybe this has something to dowith it?

Edit: It is the ListView ImageList that is an invalid ActiveX container (or dot NET?) "The Control could not be loaded" error.

Edited by bsvingen

I have traced the error to Listview.Create.vi

IListViev node report Error 97 (Null Refnum). The “Value” outof AXCont is 0, even though the reference into it is a valid refnum.

I am running Vista right now, maybe this has something to dowith it?

Edit: It is the ListView ImageList that is an invalid ActiveX container (or dot NET?) "The Control could not be loaded" error.

OK, It looks like a Vista problem, you are the 2nd user to report this on Vista, I'm currently looking at this. It's an ActiveX issue for sure. Let me have a deeper look and get back to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just released GOOP Developer 2.3

This latest version is built under LabVIEW 9.0 and appears to resolve the Vista issue and also provides LabVIEW 9.0 compatibility. The source code for GOOP Developer 2.3 is also available.

You can download the GOOP Developer 2.3 Installer and source code here