Loop - start, pause, stop

Vende

Hi, I want to create an loop that can be controlled by buttons - it can be started, paused and stopped. I have found that this could be done with a help of Event Structure. The example (a counter) is below. Can you help me to run counting when it is started? Thanks

You can download it here: http://www.2shared.c...d2a/events.html (sorry, the file attachement failed)

First you will need to allow the time-out case to execute by wiring a value (say 100ms) to the blue icon in the top left hand corner. You will then have to use the state of the "Running" boolean to decide whether to increment the counter or not. You can use 2 shift rgisters (one for the state and once for the count).

This is thesort of thing you will want to use for the counter.

Thanks, ShaunR, it is a good idea. It would be a good inspiration in the other parts of my projects. But it is not so easy. I need to control the loop, because I have got more conponents inside that are dependent on "i" of the loop. So I need several buttons for start, pause, pause and..., stop connected with the loop directly. I think it can be solved with Event Structure inside the loop, but I can not use it properly. Thanks

To Neville D: No...

First you will need to allow the time-out case to execute by wiring a value (say 100ms) to the blue icon in the top left hand corner. You will then have to use the state of the "Running" boolean to decide whether to increment the counter or not. You can use 2 shift rgisters (one for the state and once for the count).

This is thesort of thing you will want to use for the counter.

Thanks, ShaunR, it is a good idea. It would be a good inspiration in the other parts of my projects. But it is not so easy. I need to control the loop, because I have got more conponents inside that are dependent on "i" of the loop. So I need several buttons for start, pause, pause and..., stop connected with the loop directly. I think it can be solved with Event Structure inside the loop, but I can not use it properly. Thanks

To Neville D: No...

I think you are missing the point.

The image is an "example" of a counter. Not a solution to your project (that would be too easy ;) ).

Look at what it does and how it works and apply it to your current "real" example.

Your dependency on the "i" iterator will cause you problems since it increments every loop execution. Your dependents need to use a counter (oooh...like the example :) ) that can be started and stopped regardless of how many times the loop executes.