My Computer is not having more PCI Slots ..

JayKay

Hi Friends,

Recently i bought a PC which is having only one PCI slot. Others are PCExpress slots.

But i want to use few PCI compatible NI hardware same time.

Is there any hardware available in tha market like a adopter which can give more PCI Slots for my computer?

otherwise any idea how to convert PCExpress slot to PCI slot?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jai

I use industrial PCs specifically because I get 14 PCI slots (and occasionally I use all the available space), so my first suggestion would be to use a different PC.

I've not looked, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bus extended to a passive backplane available; you may wish to look for such.

If you've not bought your cards already, a PXI chassis with a MXI extended may be an option for you.

Tim

Hi Friends,

Recently i bought a PC which is having only one PCI slot. Others are PCExpress slots.

But i want to use few PCI compatible NI hardware same time.

Is there any hardware available in tha market like a adopter which can give more PCI Slots for my computer?

otherwise any idea how to convert PCExpress slot to PCI slot?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jai

NI also do PCIe cards.

I also go with Industrial Computers - apart from PCI - I rely on good old RS232. I would say, that is a bit the professional way of dealing with that issue (industrial computers have other advantages as well, but cost more I guess).

For hobby/low budget I would head for the USB devices (I think they also safe you some cabeling costs).

And another solution for the geeks: use an old PC with PCI, connect it via Ethernet to a modern PC. Have the DAQ part running on the old PC and fetch the Data from these small VIs via VI Server and do the analysis on the new one.

Felix