"No Regeneration" doesn't work

BenYL

Well, it seems no one knows this on the NI list, so maybe somebody here will.

The attached VI has two analog inputs and one analog output. An external signal generator sine wave is connected to the first analog input. This is routed to the analog output which is physically connected to the second analog input. I want fresh data every time so I've set the vi to "No Regenerator". The problem is the AO only outputs one cycle of the sine wave before stopping, even though it keeps being supplied with more sine wave. It seems if there is any gap in data being provided to it, it just shuts down.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

Two AI and one AO - No Regeneration.vi

The attached VI has two analog inputs and one analog output. An external signal generator sine wave is connected to the first analog input. This is routed to the analog output which is physically connected to the second analog input. I want fresh data every time so I've set the vi to "No Regenerator". The problem is the AO only outputs one cycle of the sine wave before stopping, even though it keeps being supplied with more sine wave. It seems if there is any gap in data being provided to it, it just shuts down.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

Hi Ben

Just looking at your code, are any errors reported?

I cant test this with my hardware but one thing I would look at playing with is the size of your DAQmx Buffer, try increasing it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ben

A bit confused. After loading your example, the regen was set to "Allow Regeneration" but in your post you say you are trying to turn it off. :wacko:

Its worth noting. If "Do Not Allow Regeneration" is selected and you are in "continuous" mode. You have to write to the buffer fast enough otherwise an error will occur and the output will stop (which sounds similar to what you are experiencing.

Edited by ShaunR