Shared Variable deployment on target machine

I am trying to use network-published shared variables for the first time , (just passing data from one VI to another) everything works just great in the development environment , and works great on the dev machine when built into exe's , but , when I move the executables to the target machine i get an error 8 , file permission error , havent found anything regarding this on here or NI. I am using the Library.Deploy Library Method to deploy the variable on the target machine...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Dan

I am trying to use network-published shared variables ...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.....

Dan

Can't say I've seen the "error 8" put two issues should be checked.

1) Make sure you have all of the ini settings you used in development into the "app.ini". There have been additional security checks added

2) Make sure the account has privs and watch for the fire wall message to allow...

Just sharing my first thoughts,

Ben

Can't say I've seen the "error 8" put two issues should be checked.

1) Make sure you have all of the ini settings you used in development into the "app.ini". There have been additional security checks added

2) Make sure the account has privs and watch for the fire wall message to allow...

Just sharing my first thoughts,

Ben

Ben

Well there doesn't appear to be anything special in the ini file , at least not pertaining to any sort of security (unless i am looking at the wrong one ??) , no firewall and admin user....

Dan

Well , i have the 2009 dvd's at work sitting in a box (i am not at work , but remoteing in ), guess i will download 2009 and install it remotely , hope my machine reboots ok...

Dan

Well DUH , guess I need new contacts , my monitor is a bit old , but , the issue with the shared variable was rather dumb..... in the deploy library method I had the variable as data,lvlib instead of data.lvlib :oops::oops::oops:

Dan

Well DUH , guess I need new contacts , my monitor is a bit old , but , the issue with the shared variable was rather dumb..... in the deploy library method I had the variable as data,lvlib instead of data.lvlib oops.gif:oops:oops.gif

Dan

Which prompts me to ask the question "Is syntax really just a plot by opthomologist to get more buisness?"

Ben