Old Icon Editor In LV2009

It might be there as a fallback if another editor doesn't exist. I know that this is the case for the "New" dialog. The VI that launches the icon editor used to be in <LabVIEW>\resource\plugins and I'm assuming it's still there. You can try going there and seeing what happens if you rename it.

I made the 8.x LabVIEW Icon Editor appear in LabVIEW 2009!

It was by accident

Has anyone done this?

I can't seem to replicate it.

Nonetheless it is interesting that it is still there.

Yes, I've done that. Attempting to edit the icon of the new LV2009 icon editor will open the 'traditional' editor. I would imagine that any action that breaks the new icon editor or stops LabVIEW from launching will have this effect.

Yes, I've done that. Attempting to edit the icon of the new LV2009 icon editor will open the 'traditional' editor. I would imagine that any action that breaks the new icon editor or stops LabVIEW from launching will have this effect.

Are you able to please list the steps required to show the traditional editor.

Cheers

Are you able to please list the steps required to show the traditional editor.

Cheers

Ok, further checking, you actually have to break the new icon editor to make it not open in the other application instance (I think I was getting confused with using custom editors in LV 8.6....)

1) Start LV 2009

2) Open <labview>\resource\plugins\lv_icons.vi

3) Make some trivial change that breaks the vi (e.g. create a broken wire segment)

4) Attempt to edit an icon

Ok, further checking, you actually have to break the new icon editor to make it not open in the other application instance (I think I was getting confused with using custom editors in LV 8.6....)

1) Start LV 2009

3) Make some trivial change that breaks the vi (e.g. create a broken wire segment)

Even easier, just rename Open <labview>\resource\plugins\lv_icons.vi to something else and then only the old icon editor will show.

PJM

1) Start LV 2009

Even easier, just rename Open <labview>\resource\plugins\lv_icons.vi to something else and then only the old icon editor will show.

PJM

Thanks for the info however, I was just editing an icon in the LV09 Icon Editor and it made the switch to the LV8.x one. I was not playing around with the source code.

I have been trying to bring it up from the LV09 Icon Editor again, but unsuccessfully :(

Thanks for the info however, I was just editing an icon in the LV09 Icon Editor and it made the switch to the LV8.x one. I was not playing around with the source code.

I have been trying to bring it up from the LV09 Icon Editor again, but unsuccessfully :(

I've had the same problem. I'm not in the office right now so I can't reproduce but I recall it having something to do with polymorphic VIs with LVOOP or something similar.

Either way there's a particular constellation which causes the new Editor to bomb out and revert to the old one. If I find out exactly what causes I'll post an update.

Shane.

I've had the same problem. I'm not in the office right now so I can't reproduce but I recall it having something to do with polymorphic VIs with LVOOP or something similar.

Either way there's a particular constellation which causes the new Editor to bomb out and revert to the old one. If I find out exactly what causes I'll post an update.

Shane.

Cool - you may be onto something!

Edited by jgcode