LV 8.6 crashes

Hacti

Hi,

Currently working with LV 8.6 and after a few hours of work

I keep geting the following error and LabVIEW crashes.

" LabVIEW: LabVIEW.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x1f713922" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read" "

In the attachment i put the error log file from one of the previous chrashes.

What do I need to do to stop LV from crashing?

Thanks,

Hacti

error report- LV crash.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Currently working with LV 8.6 and after a few hours of work

I keep geting the following error and LabVIEW crashes.

" LabVIEW: LabVIEW.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x1f713922" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read" "

In the attachment i put the error log file from one of the previous chrashes.

What do I need to do to stop LV from crashing?

Thanks,

Hacti

Hi Hacti

Does this happen when working on a specific project or VI, or will it occur if you start with a fresh VI and start playing with it?

Does it happen in development or run environment?

Take a look at this link from NI, it may shed some light.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Hacti

Does this happen when working on a specific project or VI, or will it occur if you start with a fresh VI and start playing with it?

Does it happen in development or run environment?

Take a look at this link from NI, it may shed some light.

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

The problem happens while working in the development environment on a specific VI. Problem started happening when I added a subVI which created an conflict. After the conflict was resolved the crashes started occuring.

Little update,

I the attached files are the log files from the last crash.

Can anyone figure out reasons for the crashes?

Thanks,

Hacti

Hi Hacti

Do the crashes now occur even tough you don't work on the original conflicting VI?

Can you tell more about the particular vi that caused the issue?

Just a thought... A looong time ago I had a somewhat similar problem with a vi. It looked perfectly fine, and there was no broken arrow on it, but it would generate weird errors when I ran it. I finally had to completely recode that vi from scratch. The second version looked just like the first, but it worked without a problem.

Just a thought... A looong time ago I had a somewhat similar problem with a vi. It looked perfectly fine, and there was no broken arrow on it, but it would generate weird errors when I ran it. I finally had to completely recode that vi from scratch. The second version looked just like the first, but it worked without a problem.

I had that happen, too, a long time ago. I seem to remember I had luck replacing all the subVI's first before rewriting the code.

@SciWare:

The vi that caused the conflict is used in other vi's in the project. The conflict occured because i loaded the vi with the same name from another location on the disk.

After resolving the conflict the crashes started occuring. Now the crashes occure a few minutes after loading the vi. I think that LV somehow mixed up the references or something like that.

Anyway, i recoded the entire vi from scratch, using the same vi's and everything is working fine now.

Thank you all,

Hacti