How to output array elements to a table

c_w_k

Hello,

I'm having some issues trying to output data from an array to a table.

My array is of datatype long. I'm trying to use a for loop that will write each element to a table, I've tried using the "Index" tool under arrays, for some reason it is expecting an array of type double......I cannot find a way to change the datatype representation for the "index" tool.

Basically....all I need to do is take the information that I've gathered in my array and then output that to a table.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Chad

Chad,

If you are using "Table", you have to wire a string Array (2D) so that all the data are visible, (You can wire your 2D string array directly to a Table wihout indexing them inside a for loop)

Usually the array functions (like the index array) are polymorphic (means to say they can accept data of any type). So if u are stuck because they expect the data type as "double", then either directly wire your data to the input terminal of the "array function" or use the appropriate data conversion (like string to number) or some thing like that.

Hello,

I'm having some issues trying to output data from an array to a table.

My array is of datatype long. I'm trying to use a for loop that will write each element to a table, I've tried using the "Index" tool under arrays, for some reason it is expecting an array of type double......I cannot find a way to change the datatype representation for the "index" tool.

Basically....all I need to do is take the information that I've gathered in my array and then output that to a table.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Chad

You can use the For Loop to do the indexing for you.

Also the Number To Fractional String .vi is poly morphic so you can wire the array straight in.

here is how I would solve your problem

post-584-125363297918_thumb.png

array convert help LV85.vi