That would be a viable option if I was only displaying information, but it also controls the equipment. I know you do not know my system and are only offering help and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you and I always learn new things when I post on here.

8 minutes ago, jhoskins said:

That would be a viable option if I was only displaying information, but it also controls the equipment. I know you do not know my system and are only offering help and I greatly appreciate it. Thank you and I always learn new things when I post on here.

Hmm, not trying to criticize you but having 100 (or even 25) little windows that all display data and allow control too, seems to me to be a pretty difficult UX. It's definitely not something I would immediately turn to. Probably would have more like a list box that shows the information for each device, possibly in a tree structure, and letting the user select one and then make the controls for that available in a separate section of the screen where the control will be specific to the selected device. Shaun's example, while nice technically, shows the difficulty of that approach very well even without much of user control. The graph in there is pretty much way to small for any usable feedback.

resizing_subpanels.vi

@jhoskins, I'm not sure which part you were having problems with, but here is an example with loads of empty subpanels. It is already slow without any panels loaded in, so definitely not something you can use in any "reactive" UI without having to recompute the whole positions. What I'm saying is that it won't work if you expect to recompute on Pane Resize user events...

From some trials and errors, I think the Windows Bounds to Rectangle is not the most useful method to get the "Owner Pane" rectangle, so I just fudged it to roughly account for scrollbars. It's not a perfect mathematical calculation because the distance with the sides is not really constant as a function of subpanel size and pane size.

On 3/29/2024 at 11:47 AM, Francois Normandin said:

I'm not sure which part you were having problems with, but here is an example with loads of empty subpanels. It is already slow without any panels loaded in, so definitely not something you can use in any "reactive" UI without having to recompute the whole positions. What I'm saying is that it won't work if you expect to recompute on Pane Resize user events...

This is very true.  But LabVIEW does a decent job with resizing panes with splitters.  It isn't always an ideal solution but if you can known the supported UI layouts you can have subpanels, in subpanels to support what you want.  Here is a demo I made.  Just run the VI and resize the window. The youtube video isn't nearly as smooth.  But this design only supports 20 images high, and 20 images wide.  I should have probably implemented some kind of minimum size, and then have a scrollbar appear.