How to make a splash screen?

Liang

Hi,

After building my VIs to executable file, I found it's too large and will take long time to launch.

So I want to use splash screen to avoid this. But I do not find the way how to show loading information just like LabVIEW's.

What I can make is using a VI that contains serveral seconds delay then hiden FP and run my main VI.sad.gif

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

After building my VIs to executable file, I found it's too large and will take long time to launch.

So I want to use splash screen to avoid this. But I do not find the way how to show loading information just like LabVIEW's.

What I can make is using a VI that contains serveral seconds delay then hiden FP and run my main VI.sad.gif

Thanks a lot.

Search ni.com website, they have interesting solutions!

Hi man,

Before posting here, I've already search NI site.

I just want to know if I can use other method not set a delay time.

Thanks

Create a named notifier in your splash screen. Have the splash VI wait for a notification. Acquire the notifier reference by name in the main VI. when the main VI has completed it's initialization and is 'ready', send a notification to the splash screen and then close the splash screen VI appropriately.

Don't forget to set some sort of timeout on the splash VI in case your main fails to load. You can use a timeout on wait for notifier in the splash vi.

Notifier Operations Functions

Edited by Phillip Brooks
  • Like 1

Create a named notifier in your splash screen. Have the splash VI wait for a notification. Acquire the notifier reference by name in the main VI. when the main VI has completed it's initialization and is 'ready', send a notification to the splash screen and then close the splash screen VI appropriately.

Don't forget to set some sort of timeout on the splash VI in case your main fails to load. You can use a timeout on wait for notifier in the splash vi.

Notifier Operations Functions

Hi Phillip,

That's a good idea. Very nice.

Make the Splash VI your top level VI and call the Main VI dynamically then use the Notifier trick mentioned above to close the Splash VI.

You can also send custom messages to the Splash VI through the Main VI, similar to the Splash screen when LabVIEW loads thus informing the user as to what the application is doing. This gives a feeling to the user that the application is doing something in the background rather than just a splash screen.

• Like 1