executable in labview 2009 with smal .NET slower versus labview 8.6 executable

Hi,

I have implement a part of code looking for the version of the executable (with .NET). With this information, I can check if the local exe is up to date versus the exe into network. But, this part of code is very slow if I include this into 2009, ran OK into 8.6.

But, if I run those two exe into a computer with LV2009 developpement, the speed are pretty much the same!

If I run those into computer with runtime 8.6 and/or 9.0, 8.6 is much faster!

Any idea?

Thank

N.B. png is made form LabView2009 Snippet option

post-14348-125388220591_thumb.png

example.zip

Hi,

I have implement a part of code looking for the version of the executable (with .NET). With this information, I can check if the local exe is up to date versus the exe into network. But, this part of code is very slow if I include this into 2009, ran OK into 8.6.

But, if I run those two exe into a computer with LV2009 developpement, the speed are pretty much the same!

If I run those into computer with runtime 8.6 and/or 9.0, 8.6 is much faster!

Any idea?

Thank

N.B. png is made form LabView2009 Snippet option

One thing that might help speed things up would be to use a non-.NET implementation. An example that I have used in the past is to use the FileVersionInfo.vi in vi.lib\Platform\FileVersionInfo.llb - this uses Win32 API calls to get the same information which are normally faster than their .NET counterparts (at least in LabVIEW anyway).

Shaun

One thing that might help speed things up would be to use a non-.NET implementation. An example that I have used in the past is to use the FileVersionInfo.vi in vi.lib\Platform\FileVersionInfo.llb - this uses Win32 API calls to get the same information which are normally faster than their .NET counterparts (at least in LabVIEW anyway).

Shaun

In this case, the Win32 API work fine in LabView 2009 and 8.6. The speed is pretty close. Thank for the "patch". My only concern is for other function, it will be the same problem?

Thank Shaun

Edited by zythum

This library is only available in 8.6+. :angry:

I guess I could back save it to previous versions. I currently use the .NET method for my programs which are currently in 8.5.1 and I sometimes got complaints that a .NET error occurred (when they didn't have .NET installed). I put in a workaround (hardcoding the version in the code and use that if .NET isn't installed), but this would be better.

Thanks for the pointer!

Bruce

Edited by bmoyer
  • 1 month later...

This library is only available in 8.6+. angry.gif

I guess I could back save it to previous versions. I currently use the .NET method for my programs which are currently in 8.5.1 and I sometimes got complaints that a .NET error occurred (when they didn't have .NET installed). I put in a workaround (hardcoding the version in the code and use that if .NET isn't installed), but this would be better.

Thanks for the pointer!

Bruce

Do you get it work on LV before 8.6? I find a other way