diffrent of "property->Value" and "Local Variable"

MViControl

The way I would envision this to work would be if you select to ignore incoming errors the error input would change from black to red.

I don't think that's enough of a difference, personally - what about a strike or a slash through the "!?" instead of a color difference?

And as long as the according control is set to not operate synchronously, updating a local or terminal will NOT wait until the new value is updated on screen. It will simply drop the new value into a buffer of that control and go on. The UI thread periodically will check for such controls that need an update and redraw them.

Controls (vs. indicators) also have a synchronous/asynchronous setting, but they have to be read with every loop iteration, don't they? Or do they work the same way as asynchronous indicators, where the code will "catch" a change in asynchronous control status whenever it gets around to it?

I'm trying to figure out if my processing loop that contains a bunch of controls would run more efficiently if I moved those controls out to a slower loop and passed the results into the processing loop using queues.

So the task for someone skilled (or who wants to be skilled) in XNodes is: create a local variable with error cluster terminals :)

Pretty sure it can't be done - a local variable has to sit on the block diagram of the vi which owns the control. I'm not sure exactly which block diagram an XNode scripts its contents onto, but I'l fairly sure it isn't the parent diagram of the XNode itself. That is of course the main advantage of property nodes over local variables - it allows sub-vis to manipulate the controls of the caller (which of course is a disaster unless you're doing UI stuff....)

• 5 months later...