Generate 40kHz sine wave on my NI 6281 PXI board

Hi guys,

I want to generate exactly 40kHz sine waveform on my PXI NI-6281 DAQ board. How I can do that? Some one can help me?

I saw a lot of examples but I have some difficult to understand if my board can generate that signal. Can 6281 generate 40kHz sine signal?

Thanks to all for future replay.

Hi

You should have no problem, the NI-6281 can output at 2.8MS/s.

The examples are the best place to look and the best example for your case would be

Cont Gen Voltage Wfm-Int Clk-On-Board Regeneration.vi

With this example you define your waveform, in this case a sine wave and it just cycles it continuously.

SciWare thanks for your replay,

with the example you've suggested me, my 6281 DAQ board is working but not very good. At 40kHz I receive a worning (200040) that alert me that the clock rate is too hi for the board. I don't understand why; the clock rate I had set after the mathematic calculation as shown in example you've suggested me is 1,8E+6 and, as you indicate me in the post before, my DAQ board can work at 2,8E+6. Is this right?

Can I set 2,00E+6 as value in clock rate node for the NI-6281? Why I receive that worning?

I'm sorry for my english, I hope you can understand my exposition of the problem.

SciWare thanks for your replay,

with the example you've suggested me, my 6281 DAQ board is working but not very good. At 40kHz I receive a worning (200040) that alert me that the clock rate is too hi for the board. I don't understand why; the clock rate I had set after the mathematic calculation as shown in example you've suggested me is 1,8E+6 and, as you indicate me in the post before, my DAQ board can work at 2,8E+6. Is this right?

Can I set 2,00E+6 as value in clock rate node for the NI-6281? Why I receive that worning?

I'm sorry for my english, I hope you can understand my exposition of the problem.

In the example set your desired frequency to 40KHz set the samples per buffer to 25 and the number of cycles per buffer to 1. This will generate a 40KHz sine wave with a timing resolution of 1MS/s

I played with setting up a simulation board to test this and it works, however if I go above 1MS/s I get a warning that

"Sample clock rate specified is so high that it violates the settling time requirements for the generation."

Its just a warning that you are driving faster than the settling time of the AO, its not an error though.

This should get you up and running.