Labview2009 file destination error

In my project i have 2 files that shout be in the same directory as the .exe.

One file is the .ini file and the 2e is a .xml file.

I changed there destination of both files to "Same as caller", but when i build the .exe the .ini file ends up in the .exe dir AND in the data dir and the .xml file ends up in the data directory only. angry.gif

Is this a bug, or am i doing something wrong?

Cheers,

Ad

I changed there destination of both files to "Same as caller", but when i build the .exe the .ini file ends up in the .exe dir AND in the data dir and the .xml file ends up in the data directory only. angry.gif

Cheers,

Ad

I'm not sure if I consider this a bug. But I usually resolve this in one of two ways:

1) Change the Support Directory's "Destination path" to match the directory of the *.exe.

Then, set respective source files to be placed into the Support Directory.

OR...

2) Add a new destination called "Application Directory" and set its path to match the directory of the *.exe.

Then, set respective source files to be placed into the Application Directory.

I'm not sure selecting same as caller works (or should work) with data files since there's no way for the app builder to determine which VI is calling it. (I know that I wouldn't want LV to search the entire VI hierarchy for a path constant!!!)

BTW: If your trying to overwrite the default INI file that LabVIEW creates, this is done in the andvanced catagory.

Edited by Dan DeFriese

Cheers,

Ad

I haven't tried the above, but I have noticed some strange things when building in 9.x.

With source distributions, sometimes a control that is supposed to be included in an .llb destination, appears at the top level of the source distribution - outside of the .llb!

I have to manually select that control to be in the correct destination folder, even though that virtual folder is set to go to the .llb :frusty:

I haven't tried the above, but I have noticed some strange things when building in 9.x.

With source distributions, sometimes a control that is supposed to be included in an .llb destination, appears at the top level of the source distribution - outside of the .llb!

I have to manually select that control to be in the correct destination folder, even though that virtual folder is set to go to the .llb :frusty:

If you can reproduce this behavior, it would be good to report that to NI support for evaluation.

If you can reproduce this behavior, it would be good to report that to NI support for evaluation.

Hi gmart

What is the best way to do that (sumbit code + report for eval to NI)?

I have not done that before

Is there a specific site to upload code?

Or do I use the NI forums?

Cheers

JG

Hi gmart

What is the best way to do that (sumbit code + report for eval to NI)?

I have not done that before

Is there a specific site to upload code?

Or do I use the NI forums?

Cheers

JG

You can post your issue in the NI Forums. Those forums are regularly checked by applications engineers. Also you can open a service request via this - link. While NI developers do frequent the LAVA forums and occasionally provide support, the above are the "official" channels.