Queue Problem! Help!

Hello All

I am trying to use Queues to pass values between loops.

The problem is, I can not get the Dequeue Element to pass the boolean result value.

In my VI, Dequeue element should transition between false and true when the timer runs.

True when the timer elapses and False when the timer resets.

The timer is set to expire at 3 seconds.

Does anyone know why Dequeue does not pass the timer result booleans false / true?

thanks!

J

queue_problem.vi

Hello All

I am trying to use Queues to pass values between loops.

The problem is, I can not get the Dequeue Element to pass the boolean result value.

In my VI, Dequeue element should transition between false and true when the timer runs.

True when the timer elapses and False when the timer resets.

The timer is set to expire at 3 seconds.

Does anyone know why Dequeue does not pass the timer result booleans false / true?

thanks!

J

You are getting trapped inside that while loop that you have nested in the false case of your "deque" loop. (the one with the DAQ assistant express vi in it.

• Like 1

You are killing the queue before you have a chance to do the dequeue.

The release queue has to be AFTER the dequeue loop.

The loop that the release queue comes after never terminates because the boolean is set False.

I changed the label name for that boolean constant to "boolean" and the Dequeue still does not pass values true/ false when I run my application.

What else could it be?

J

Works for me. After 3 secs I get a flash of the boolean.

Are you sure it isn't and the problem isn't with your DAQ loop

Try moving the boolean outside the case structure and disbaling DAQ code. I think you'll find that the dequeue is working fine just as it is for me. There is a problem with your DAQ loop.

Scott

I changed the label name for that boolean constant to "boolean" and the Dequeue still does not pass values true/ false when I run my application.

What else could it be?

J

Gary - I tried to put the Release Queue at the end of the Dequeue Loop. That didnt work either.

I tried connecting the 'queue out' from Dequeue to Release Queue....then I tried connecting the 'queue out' from the Enqueue to Release Queue

Either way, dequeue still doesnt pass the value.

It seems to be a problem with the loop that has my DAQ Assistant. When I take out the "DAQ Assistant Loop", the Dequeue passes value.

J