Helping with a smart Card Project

Hi guys!!

I was wondering if anyone could help with a project.

Im trying to have a smart card to activate/deactivate a electromagnetic lock(for security purposes).

Im using LabView 7.1

Mind helping with a simple structure?

Any help is very much appreciated!!

Thanks and Cheers!!

Edited by athalia

My favorite microcontroller company sells a serial RFID reader here for $40US, and a USB version here. I've been toying with the idea of buying one myself. The rest of the program will be rather straightforward once you have something to read the card. You'll need something to actuate the lock, too.

My favorite microcontroller company sells a serial RFID reader here for $40US, and a USB version here. I've been toying with the idea of buying one myself. The rest of the program will be rather straightforward once you have something to read the card. You'll need something to actuate the lock, too.

Well my actual problem is I don't quite understand how to build up the diagram from scratch.tongue.gif Hope you could help me up with the basic structure.Thanks alot biggrin.gif

Well my actual problem is I don't quite understand how to build up the diagram from scratch.

You'll need to provide more information about the hardware you're going to use. Also, give some indication of what you've already done and what specific problems you're having. For now, this should help you get started (it's all I could come up with based on the information I have).

post-7534-125491012528_thumb.png

You'll need to provide more information about the hardware you're going to use. Also, give some indication of what you've already done and what specific problems you're having. For now, this should help you get started (it's all I could come up with based on the information I have).

post-7534-125491012528_thumb.png

Thanks for the help .I will try to give you more infomation about the hardware and so on. I'll contact you soon if theres any problem.Thanks again.Appreciate it!!worshippy.gif