Adding a reference line to a Waveform Chart

Yes, Ive tried that method.

Problem is I need an example of how its supposed to be used. I couldnt get that to work.

I would need a picture or a VI

Im using LV 8.5.1

J

These threads on the Dark-Side may help.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=394132#M394132

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=434723#M434723

Ben

Hey Ben

Your examples are a little different...I don't need to space each marker line by a specific length.

I have time stamps on each of my x scale grid lines

I want to ADD a specific grid line for each 60sec interval.......as a visual reference during the test

Maybe this "added" grid line would be red in color to distinguish it from the time stamp grid lines (yellow)

I have attached an example with my time stamp grid lines (yellow)...now I just want to ADD a vertical marker (red) where the time expires.

J

how do I add a marker to the graph at the expiration time.vi

Hey Ben

Your examples are a little different...I don't need to space each marker line by a specific length.

I have time stamps on each of my x scale grid lines

I want to ADD a specific grid line for each 60sec interval.......as a visual reference during the test

Maybe this "added" grid line would be red in color to distinguish it from the time stamp grid lines (yellow)

I have attached an example with my time stamp grid lines (yellow)...now I just want to ADD a vertical marker (red) where the time expires.

J

I just winded up making a reference with a point transition on my graph....it serves the purpose thanks for your help though

Found a better way to add a line/bar to the Waveform Chart at a specified interval....

Add a plot in the legend you want to use as your Interval line symbol...and give it a color

Then right click on its Chart legend & choose the plot to be a "Bar Plot" from the 2nd row of choices (any one that looks like a bar graph)

In the "Fill BaseLine" option choose -Infinity , (minus infinity) for the plot.

In your code, find where your interval counter ends.

You will then wire your plots to a cluster, then to the Waveform Chart.

Example:

In my app, I had a 3 plots of single Data wired to a 3 position cluster, then to the Waveform Chart.

Before the interval expires:

Plot 1 is my "Interval Line", I gave it a value of "-2" .....initially so it doesnt appear on the chart.

I Let Plots 2 & 3 be their real time values

After the interval expires:

Create another cluster with the same plots wired to a Waveform Chart Local Variable

Now for Plot 1, set it to some +positive value, e.g. "3" ( value of "3" , really means amplitude of "3" to the Waveform chart).

Plots 2 & 3, I gave them negative values to not appear on my graph. So when the interval expires, you will only see a straight bar with amplitude of "3"....appearing like a separator "line"

The "3" is arbitrary...just set it at some value appear to look like a line on your chart....also my scale strarts a "0"...no negative #'s are shown