Lilah Kring

Jim Kring

There are few folks on this planet I envy and respect more than married couples who adopt a child or two. Having one or two of your own is icing. wub.gif

"Live long and prosper" to all of you and your beautiful families.smile.gif

Thanks Paul. It has really been an awesome experience for us.

Enjoy them while they are young. They grow up VERY fast.

I just realized this, again, when we brought Lilah (newborn) home and saw how big Sydney (our 20 month-old) is compared to her. It seems like just yesterday Sydney was a little baby :wub:

Congrats and best wishes!!! Best advice I ever got was that it takes 3 months to get out of the "fog." Wish my Bay Area trip did not get cancelled. Would love to come babysit and give you and Beth a few hours off!!!

Thanks. Living in San Francisco, we're used to living in the fog :P I'm looking forward to when this new "fog" burns off.

Just last night I was kicking myself for ignoring some great advice I just got over the weekend: "never try to make a baby happier". In my case, Lilah was asleep at about 12:15am and I was moving her to her crib for the night. I decided to put her in a different blanket and wrap her up tighter (since she likes to be swaddled tightly). She woke up in the process and didn't go back to sleep until 1:15am :( That was very frustrating, especially as the irony sunk in.

She has very bright eyes! Congratulations!

Thanks! Here eyes are closed most of the time (except for around 1-3am when she likes to keep me awake), so we're lucky to get a good photo like that :)

I'm sure she will love playing with wires in a few month. Enjoy the time. And enjoy the time before they know to switch your PC on and off. ;)

Yes. Fortunately our 20 month old is over her fascination with wires and buttons. She went through a phase where she had to press any button she could see. The funniest was at our friends house who have a big TV with only one big button (power) in the bottom-middle of the TV. It is the perfect height for her and she spent all night turning the TV on and off :lol:

Thanks and Cheers!

...Fortunately our 20 month old is over her fascination with wires and buttons.

My (now 20+ something) daughter who had no interest whatsoever in anything electronic discovered my protoboard in my lab one day and wanted to play with it. She proceded to draw "pictures" with the protowire. Have you ever seen a stick man drawn on a protoboard with protowire? laugh.gif

I just realized this, again, when we brought Lilah (newborn) home and saw how big Sydney (our 20 month-old) is compared to her. It seems like just yesterday Sydney was a little baby :wub:

You should see how shocking it is when it is the same child. My 13 year old really shot up this past year. He grew close to 6 inches in less than a year. Last week I saw some pictures of him from February and he looks like a completely different kid. He went from looking like a kid to looking like a young man virtually over night.

• 2 weeks later...

My (now 20+ something) daughter who had no interest whatsoever in anything electronic discovered my protoboard in my lab one day and wanted to play with it. She proceded to draw "pictures" with the protowire. Have you ever seen a stick man drawn on a protoboard with protowire? laugh.gif

That's cute. It made me think of a twist on the expression: "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

When all you've got is a paintbrush, everything looks like a canvas. :)

You should see how shocking it is when it is the same child. My 13 year old really shot up this past year. He grew close to 6 inches in less than a year. Last week I saw some pictures of him from February and he looks like a completely different kid. He went from looking like a kid to looking like a young man virtually over night.

I've been pretty busy with work for the past couple days, and it's amazing how much Lilah (now three weeks old) changes every time I look at her. She's starting to get a little chubby from eating well (just like her dad, I guess).

Congratulations Jim! She is very lovely.

Thanks!

Cheers,