Any way to click on points in a Waveform Chart and display Value & Date?

Take properties on the waveformchart and make a cursor. Format the x-axis for time and date. Mark the chart and make cursor legend visible.

I think you're confusing waveform chart with the waveform graph. Waveform charts don't have cursors and he really is using a waveform chart.

Is there a way for me to have a user click on point within a Waveform Chart and display its Time and Date info?

Hova2010,

1) To do what you want would require a bunch of math on click point, plot area size, xscale, history data, etc. I'm not sure it would give you the results you want and I sure wouldn't want to do it that way.

2) You are asking a bunch of small, very specific questions about how to do this or that on a waveform chart. I noticed you haven't gotten a lot of responses lately. Perhaps you should try to describe your overall objectives and then ask your questions following it. That way people can respond in the context of your design goals.

3) It may be time to consider switching from the chart to the graph (either waveform or XY). You can simulate the function of a chart with a graph. It takes a little extra programming, but from all your questions about the chart, you're ending up doing that any way. You get more flexibility with the graph in my opinion and you get to use cursors.

I suggest you follow up with another post outling your goals and listing your questions if you can and see if you get more responses. Along with that, be sure to describe your data timing... Are your points equally spaced in time (waveform) or unequally spaced (XY)? I'll do my best to respond and give you what ideas or help I can.

-Scott

I think you're confusing waveform chart with the waveform graph. Waveform charts don't have cursors and he really is using a waveform chart.

Hova2010,

1) To do what you want would require a bunch of math on click point, plot area size, xscale, history data, etc. I'm not sure it would give you the results you want and I sure wouldn't want to do it that way.

2) You are asking a bunch of small, very specific questions about how to do this or that on a waveform chart. I noticed you haven't gotten a lot of responses lately. Perhaps you should try to describe your overall objectives and then ask your questions following it. That way people can respond in the context of your design goals.

3) It may be time to consider switching from the chart to the graph (either waveform or XY). You can simulate the function of a chart with a graph. It takes a little extra programming, but from all your questions about the chart, you're ending up doing that any way. You get more flexibility with the graph in my opinion and you get to use cursors.

I suggest you follow up with another post outling your goals and listing your questions if you can and see if you get more responses. Along with that, be sure to describe your data timing... Are your points equally spaced in time (waveform) or unequally spaced (XY)? I'll do my best to respond and give you what ideas or help I can.

-Scott

Sorry for the confusion! I have done what suggest on a problem earlier, it took alot of time to calculate the nearest point in the chart to the pointer position. If you can do with graphs I recommend that.

Ok Scott

Here is my application...

I have data acquisition system that acquires a data point once every 4 seconds.

My Waveform Chart accurately displays my data points on the Y- axis.

What Im trying to do is format the X-axis to show the user an accurate time stamp. I have 3 charts....by minute, by hour, by week.

I would like to show the 1min chart X-axis in 1minute intervals

I would like to show the 1hr chart X-axis in 1 hour intervals

I would like to show the 1 chart graph X-axis in 1 week intervals.

I want to use the chart properties i.e. XScale-Multiplier, XScale-Offset, XScale- Minimum, XScale-Maximum

How do I use the properties to build the X-Axis for each chart?

~J