How do I create fixed X-Axis intervals using Chart Properties?

hova2010

Do you think that will let me save it in 8.0 then?....lol.

Hey guys

Im almost done with my application, but Im noticing something with timing.

My 1 hour chart markers are not keeping pace with the PC clock.

This chart plots 1 point every 1 minute....so 60 points = 1 hour

I ran my app over the weekend.... I came into work today at 8:00am, but my application's latest marker was at 5:38am?

Im still not deleting markers yet. I'm not sure when to delete previous markers or how many markers to delete?

Ihave attached the code I use to generate chart markers.

J

Chart Markers Dont Keep up with PC Time.vi

I ran my app over the weekend.... I came into work today at 8:00am, but my application's latest marker was at 5:38am?

Im still not deleting markers yet. I'm not sure when to delete previous markers or how many markers to delete?

What was the time range of the chart? What were the other markers?

A couple problems:

1) You're creating a runaway list of markers. You're adding 3 markers every minute, so that's 180 markers every hour, and so on. It is unnecessary, so you should either a) delete older ones from the list when you add a new marker or b) recreate the marker set when you need a new one and just write that to the property node.

2) If you're not using an absolute time for calculation of markers and plotting data, but assuming the data is coming in at a constant rate, then it's very possible your chart could be off from the PC time. Using your previous statement that the data comes every 4 seconds, if it actually comes in at 3 seconds, your chart will run fast. If it comes in every 5 seconds, your chart will run slow.

Your markers are calculated off an absolute time, so other than issue #1 with growing the marker list unbounded, that shouldn't be a problem. My guess then is that you have an issue with the timing of your data. Without seeing more of you app, it's hard to tell.

-Scott