Active-X control

Whaler

Hi all

Do anyone know if there is a way to change the ActiveX content programatically in Labview?

The reason for my question is that I use an ActiveX window to show a videostream from an IP videoserver. This works fine as long as I always use one brand of videoserver and the ActiveX that comes with the videoserver. But if I want to use the same window to stream video from another IP camera/video server in the same ActiveX window I have to change the content of the ActiveX window in my front panel and use the properties and methods of that ActiveX control to show and interact with the video stream.

I would like to be able to have a variable which the user can set according to which brand of videoserver/IP camera he wants to acsess. This variable will then be use to determine which ActiveX control that should be placed inside the ActiveX window.

Is this possible or will it be easier to have many ActiveX windows behind eachother in the frontpanel and then use show and hide to display the correct window/activeX control?

Best regards

Whaler

I would like to be able to have a variable which the user can set according to which brand of videoserver/IP camera he wants to acsess. This variable will then be use to determine which ActiveX control that should be placed inside the ActiveX window.

Is this possible or will it be easier to have many ActiveX windows behind eachother in the frontpanel and then use show and hide to display the correct window/activeX control?

Whaler,

No, you can't change the ActiveX control in an ActiveX container programmatically at run time. However, there are a few options open to you.

1) You can do as you suggested and show/hide the correct controls at runtime based on user input. That would be the easiest.

2) You can put your ActiveX controls on different VI's and show those VI's in a subpanel, again based on user input.

3) Same as #2, but instead of using a Subpanel, just open the Front panel of the correct VI and float it.

There are other options, but one of those should work for you.

-Scott