Is it possible to change the the 'New xxx' templates?

hfettig

I find myself re-doing the same steps very often when I create new projects, libraries, and classes. E.g. when I create a new library the first thing I do is add a private and a public folder and set the access scope. It would save me a lot of time if I could change the template used in the 'New Library' action to conform to what I want.

Yes, I do know that I can create my own templates and store them in the templates directory, but then I have to go through the 'New...' dialog. I don't mind that for more elaborate templates that I might use from time to time but for things that I use a lot it is more convenient to right-click in the proper location in the project and select 'New -> Library'.

Any ideas?

In the New... Dialog, there is a section under VI called "From Template". This is automatically populated with the contents of your C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW XXXX\Templates folder - adding control and VI templates files to this folder will make them appear in this menu.

You can also add folders and even preview images to help with this, have a look at the existing templates to get an idea.

Shaun