Stupid

GSR

If you have read my previous stories (), here is the update

Stupid name is Mr.D

Mr.D wife talked to me in front of stupid and another guy,

Mr.D wife: GSR, you are working so hard and make "Mr.D" seem do nothing

Me: I am working so hard, because I always make mistake, so I need to fix them ( :frusty: I am too nice to her)

Mr.D wife: Do you mean "Mr.D" does not work?

Me: NoNoNo! I just mean Mr.D never makes mistake ( :frusty: Right, he never, because he never work. OR I need to stand behind him when he works)

TODAY

My boss come to me and ask me just set up everything for the "Mr.D" both building electronic hardware and programming. I say OK! But I have no clue why I need to help this guy. Should I just tell my boss that I really don't want help him because "Mr.D" has already said I am working so hard

Please teach me what should I do

Edited by GSR

Stupid's wife talked to me in front of stupid and another guy,

Stupid's wife: GSR, you are working so hard and make "stupid" seem do nothing

Me: I am working so hard, because I always make mistake, so I need to fix them ( frusty.gif I am too nice to her)

Stupid's wife: Do you mean "stupid" does not work?

Me: NoNoNo! I just mean he never makes mistake ( frusty.gif Right, he never, because he never work. OR I need to stand behind him when he works)

TODAY

My boss come to me and ask me just set up everytyhing for the "stupid" both building electronic hardware and programming. I say OK! But I have no clue why I need to help this guy. Should I just tell my boss that I really don't want help him because "stupid" has already said I am working so hard

"oh what a tngled web we weive when first we pratcie to decieve." (W. Shakespear?)

1) Stop lying, you are making ot worse on yourself.

2) Talk to Stupid and share your thought and feelings.

3) Try talking to Stupid with a common person that you both respect.

4) Talk to your boss.

When you are doing your talking don't accuse or name call. Confess your short-coming and your concerns for Stupid.

So speak the truth, and be honest with your feelings both in your internal dialog and your outward expresions.

Ben

Stupid name is Mr.D

Mr.D wife talked to me in front of stupid and another guy,

Me: I am working so hard, because I always make mistake, so I need to fix them ( :frusty: I am too nice to her)

Me: NoNoNo! I just mean Mr.D never makes mistake ( :frusty: Right, he never, because he never work. OR I need to stand behind him when he works)

TODAY

My boss come to me and ask me just set up everything for the "Mr.D" both building electronic hardware and programming. I say OK! But I have no clue why I need to help this guy. Should I just tell my boss that I really don't want help him because "Mr.D" has already said I am working so hard

You blew it, you are now Mr. D's slave :oops:

Edited by Daryl

"oh what a tngled web we weive when first we pratcie to decieve." (W. Shakespear?)

1) Stop lying, you are making ot worse on yourself.

2) Talk to Stupid and share your thought and feelings.

3) Try talking to Stupid with a common person that you both respect.

4) Talk to your boss.

When you are doing your talking don't accuse or name call. Confess your short-coming and your concerns for Stupid.

So speak the truth, and be honest with your feelings both in your internal dialog and your outward expresions.

Ben

I change Stupid to Mr.D to make it clear, thanks

"So speak the truth, and be honest with your feelings both in your internal dialog and your outward expresions" <== Is that really OK in real world??

Wrong answer.

"What do you mean "seem"? is the right answer.

Wrong answer.

He works here? is the right answer.

Does anyone else find it a bit strange that

a) The wife is at work.

b) Shes very confrontational.

[/b]Wrong answer.

"What do you mean "seem"? is the right answer.

Wrong answer.

He works here? is the right answer.

Does anyone else find it a bit strange that

a) The wife is at work.

b) Shes very confrontational.

The wife is at work. -- His wife come because she uses the lab equipment for her personal use

Shes very confrontational -- She and Mr.D. are only 22; and she acts like 16

Correct answer is Mr.D works here but not even show up and do nothing

Edited by GSR

The wife is at work. -- His wife come because she uses the lab equipment for her personal use

Shes very confrontational -- She and Mr.D. are only 22; and she acts like 16

Ok I have another idea for you. You need to invite Mr D and your boss out for a drink after work. Go to the bar and keep feeding Mr D shots but try not to get too drunk yourself. Once he gets good and drunk, start talking about politics and/or religion. See which topic gets him all worked up and calmly keep bringing it up, picking at him till he gets so mad he makes a fool of himself in front of the boss. Call Mr D's wife to come pick him up from the bar - tell her he is all drunk and making a scene and she needs to come get him. Tell your boss you cant work with this guy.

Ok I have another idea for you. You need to invite Mr D and your boss out for a drink after work. Go to the bar and keep feeding Mr D shots but try not to get too drunk yourself. Once he gets good and drunk, start talking about politics and/or religion. See which topic gets him all worked up and calmly keep bringing it up, picking at him till he gets so mad he makes a fool of himself in front of the boss. Call Mr D's wife to come pick him up from the bar - tell her he is all drunk and making a scene and she needs to come get him. Tell your boss you cant work with this guy.

Devious :ph34r:

I like it :P

Ok I have another idea for you. You need to invite Mr D and your boss out for a drink after work.

Does not work!

Mr.D. schedule

Mon, WED 9:30- 10:30 , then work outside for 5 hrs, then go home

TUE, THU 10:00 - 14:00, then go home

FRI 9:30 - 11:30, then go home

How can we go to drink after work???

Does not work!

Mr.D. schedule

Ok. I think you have no choice left except the nuclear option.

Next time Mr. D's wife comes in, smear a little lipstick on Mr. D's lab coat collar and tell Mr. D's wife he is cheating on her. Hopefully she will take care of your problem if you know what i mean :yes:

Does not work!

Mr.D. schedule

Set the clock on the PCs ahead 3 hours on Tues or Thurs.

I was dead serious in my previous reply. Start by being honest with yourself about if you can continue doing his job plus yours and then honest with him that you are killing yourself etc trying do his work plus yours.

Ben

The best thing you can do is make undoutly clear how you feel about it. He is young and at his first job, he needs to learn the rules. And you teach him that scholar behaviour (divide and conquer) work. It might help to tell him about the old topic. This topic is just a selfish, I need a shoulder to cry on topic.

Confront him how you feel, and give him advice 'If I were you I would do....', however don't make it look like you are just putting stuff back. Provide help and support.

In some ways you are his mentor, so tread him like a serious person.

Remember in most sociaties 'No' is a valid answer, if he asks for you to put the wire straight just say 'No, remember what we discusses?'

If this all doesn't work, and don't be easy on him like you were on his wife, then you should go to your supervisor and ask how you should deal with him in general, not this specific project that might be due in 3 days.

Good luck,

Ton

• Like 1