LabVIEW Class Missing Member Dialog

Omar Mussa

If you open a class that can't find a member of the class, you get this message in the error dialog:

post-5746-125607842852_thumb.png

Note that it doesn't tell you what file(s) are missing. This makes it a real pain to figure out what is 'wrong'. Note: the reason I got this dialog is because LabVIEW crashed while I was editing my class so some changes to the class library (including members that were renamed) were lost.

If you open a class that can't find a member of the class, you get this message in the error dialog:

post-5746-125607842852_thumb.png

Note that it doesn't tell you what file(s) are missing. This makes it a real pain to figure out what is 'wrong'.

The project window should have a bright yellow triangle next to the missing file name.
Note: the reason I got this dialog is because LabVIEW crashed while I was editing my class so some changes to the class library (including members that were renamed) were lost.
Sorry about that. If you can reproduce it, please CAR it.

The project window should have a bright yellow triangle next to the missing file name. Sorry about that. If you can reproduce it, please CAR it.

The project item did have a bright yellow triangle. But unfortunately, that triangle is not visible if the VI is inside of a virtual folder until you manually expand the folder. My class had several virtual layers so it took a few minutes for me to find the culprit VIs. I think it would have been easier for me to find the VI if I had known the name/expected path.

I can easily reproduce this, just create a class, put the VI in a virtual folder, and delete a VI on disk but not from the class and then load the class.

Edit: I can't easily reproduce the crash.

The project window should have a bright yellow triangle next to the missing file name.

I agree with Omar's response. I expect the error window to show me each specific error (specific method VI missing from class) and a double-click should take me to the specific error (project item that's missing, showing the yellow triangle). Having to find these missing project items manually is a bit of a treasure hunt and slows down development.

Thanks,