Peak detection

goran

Hi, I got a signal that looks like the attached file and want to get the indexes of the measurements in that signal. In the attached filed I got 6 measurements and want to cut out them out and process them. Is there a VI that finds them? Ie finds were the signals raises from the base and then returns. Any ides?

post-12262-125690130341_thumb.jpg

Hi, I got a signal that looks like the attached file and want to get the indexes of the measurements in that signal. In the attached filed I got 6 measurements and want to cut out them out and process them. Is there a VI that finds them? Ie finds were the signals raises from the base and then returns. Any ides?

Use the Threshold Peak Detector to find all the leading edges.

Reverse the array, then use the Threshold Peak Detector to find all the trailing edges. Just remember that in the reversed case, you need to subtract the peak indices from the length of the array to get the current index values.

Without getting into gradients, this is a quick and dirty example of extracting data over a threshold level directly into a 2D array, where each row represents each waveform above the threshold. Because LV uses square arrays, when you process each row, you will have to truncate the data where the zeros start.

Edited by ShaunR

Without getting into gradients, this is a quick and dirty example of extracting data over a threshold level directly into a 2D array, where each row represents each waveform above the threshold. Because LV uses square arrays, when you process each row, you will have to truncate the data where the zeros start.

Thank you. Any chans anyone can save that VI in LW version 8.2?