Programmatic launch of Sequence File Execution does not display Execution View

TobyD

TestStand 4.2

LabVIEW 2009

Windows Vista Business 32-bit

My sequence file is using a SequenceFileLoad callback to automatically start its own execution using the TestUUTs entrypoint. This is accomplished by calling the Engine.NewExecution method. The problem I am having is that my custom LabVIEW user interface is not switching to the execution view when the execution begins. If I manually start the execution using the TestUUTs button, the execution view is displayed.

In my UI, the change from the sequence view to the execution view happens in the DisplayExecution event callback as well as the StartExecution event callback. I also tried the Executionchanged event callback but realized that it did not apply in this case. The complex UI that ships with TestStand works correctly and, as far as I can tell, I am using the same event callbacks to handle the change in my UI.

Any ideas? What am I missing? 9.gif

-Toby

FULL DISCLOSURE: Cross post from NI Forums

I figured out what was happening. I was switching back to the SequenceView using the ExecutionClosed callback, but wasn't checking the number of executions that were open. Opening my autolaunching sequence file would open two executions, one to open the file and one that was the actual execution of the file. As soon as the file was opened, the first execution would close triggering my UI to switch back to the sequence view. The other execution had already started running the sequence file so it would continue to run in the execution view but I couldn't see it.

I now use ApplicationManager.Executions.Count and only switch back to the SequenceView if there are no executions open. This works well for what we are doing.