Attachments on Edited post

I'm having issues with adding attachments to an already existing post. I think the issue is going into the full editor on an existing post.

In Firefox 3.5 in Windows XP SP3, I click Edit on the post, and it goes into the simple edit mode, which doesn't allow you to upload attachments. So I click on Use Full Editor, but it never goes into the full edit mode.

In IE 7 (still XP SP3) when I click on Use Full Editor nothing happens, and in the lower left it says "Error on Page". Is there any other way to add an attachment to an exiting post?

• 2 weeks later...

I daresay we're looking at the same issue. The is a way to get back to the full edit page somehow ... I think I had to turn off JavaScript and do a couple of force-refreshes in order to get all the AJAXy-ness to go away.

I am using Google Chrome and having the same issue. I can't open the full editor. If remember correctly I could just hover over edit post and it gave me the option of quick edit or full edit (or similar) I really liked that. Non premium members have a time limit to edit posts, but it would be nice if this worked.

Just to confirm - the Use Full Editor button has no function:

post-10325-125829292867_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

I'm seeing this same issue. Has anyone found a plausible work around?

I see it in chrome, firefox and IE

I did notice that when I immediately replied, instead of creating a double post it merged the posts into one, attachments and all. That was cool, but only works if no one has posted of course and you want to extend your attachments not edit them.

This problem is really annoying - is a Admin able to comment about a fix please?

Cheers

JG

• 4 months later...