chart display

sydney

I have a chart display that shows 3 plots of data vs time. Two of the plots have a range of 0 - 100 (mV) and the third plot has a range of 0 - 18000 (rpm). The end user does not care for a stacked display and would rather have all three plots on the same display with 3 different colors. No problem, but I wonder if it is possible to have a second y-axis displayed on the right side, which would be for rpms, and the normal one on the left side for mVs. Other than normalizing the raw data for rpm down to the 0 - 100 range and creating a pseudo y-axis and laying it over the chart display appropriately, I see no way to do this from the existing properties for this widget. Anyone know of another, easier way?

I have a chart display that shows 3 plots of data vs time. Two of the plots have a range of 0 - 100 (mV) and the third plot has a range of 0 - 18000 (rpm). The end user does not care for a stacked display and would rather have all three plots on the same display with 3 different colors. No problem, but I wonder if it is possible to have a second y-axis displayed on the right side, which would be for rpms, and the normal one on the left side for mVs. Other than normalizing the raw data for rpm down to the 0 - 100 range and creating a pseudo y-axis and laying it over the chart display appropriately, I see no way to do this from the existing properties for this widget. Anyone know of another, easier way?

It is doable. Right click on the Y-axis numbers. Select Duplicate. Select one of the axes. Right Click. Select Swap Sides.

Wire your inputs into a Bundle. Wire the bundle into the terminal for your chart.

Go to front panel. Expand he Plot Legend so you can see all three plots. Right click on line in legend, select Y Scale, and choose which axis you want that data to use.

It is doable. Right click on the Y-axis numbers. Select Duplicate. Select one of the axes. Right Click. Select Swap Sides.

Wire your inputs into a Bundle. Wire the bundle into the terminal for your chart.

Go to front panel. Expand he Plot Legend so you can see all three plots. Right click on line in legend, select Y Scale, and choose which axis you want that data to use.

Thanks for instructions!