I have used LabVIEW for a number of years and believe in reusing code. If i have a complex problem to solve i often scour the internet to see if anyone has solved it before. Have been thinking that it would be great to have a centralised repository for everyone wishing to share code. This could be accessed through a plug in menu to LabVIEW, i.e. you click Tools -> Code Repository on the main menu and it list, in categories the availiable VIs. These could be submitted then peer reviewed before apearing on the list. The list could be stored at a central LAVA server.

The problem is that at the moment there are so many places you can get VIs from. I realise OpenG.org are trying to centralise things, perhapse we could use this as the basis for the plug-in.

Tom.

Tom,

We (OpenG) are actually trying to do just what you are talking about. We are releasing packages of reuse libraries and it is very possible to download these, programatically, over the internet. In fact, I have a working prototype that does just that. If you would like to participate in the development of this infrastructure, we would love to have you on the team.

Regards,

-Jim Kring