chart display

sydney

I have a need to select between various data sources and show them two at a time in the chart display and would like to change the text in the plot label box to associate the name of the selected parameter with the color in the display so the user will see what parameter was selected for display. I've been looking through the properties but have not yet discovered what is needed. I know I can fudge it using text boxes, but I would prefer the cleaner property node access if it exists.

Any idea which property to use?

This should get you what you need... (In case it's not clear, ActPlot is Active Plot)

Many moons ago I wrote some code where (I thought) this sort of construct did not reliably work. I had to separate one property node into multiple nodes and access them sequentially to get them to always execute in the right order.

Was I imagining things? Does LV automatically execute property nodes in the same top-to-bottom order all the time? If so, it would definitely save me some screen space.

Cat

Many moons ago I wrote some code where (I thought) this sort of construct did not reliably work. I had to separate one property node into multiple nodes and access them sequentially to get them to always execute in the right order.

Was I imagining things? Does LV automatically execute property nodes in the same top-to-bottom order all the time? If so, it would definitely save me some screen space.

Cat

Yes.

The node executes each property in order from top to bottom.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361E-01/glang/property_node/

Cat

There is another benefit (when LV is working correctly) !

THe property nodes have to execute in the UI thread, so there is a thread swap for every property node. When we pile up all of the properties in one node, LV can switch threads, do all of the settings and then switch back. I believe it was LV 8.6 or 8.6 were i read a post by Rolf indicating thise not working correctly and there was a thread swap for each property (oh bother!).

Ben