LabVIEW Education Edition

jcarmody

Do any of you have experience with the LabVIEW Education Edition?  I just read of it in an RSS feed I follow that pointed to this Developer Zone page.  I followed the link to a Lego Education page.

I'm teaching my kids LabVIEW and this sounds fantastic.  I'm wondering if I'm missing something, perhaps something to do with qualifying schools (we're homeschooling).

Yes. Homeschoolers are allowed to buy the LabVIEW Student edition. (Good idea, by the way. thumbup1.gif )

From the Acedemic Superstore website you can get the LVSE for $80 as long as you can provide one of the following:

Membership in Home School Association

Receipt for Home School Curriculum

Letter of intent to home school from a state agency

The only reason I knew how to get this info so quickly is that I was looking to get LVSE for myself. Hey, I consider myself a life-long student, but alas I don't meet any requirements to get LVSE. angry.gif

Edited by PaulG.
  • Like 1

Yes. Homeschoolers are allowed to buy the LabVIEW Student edition. (Good idea, by the way. thumbup1.gif )

From the Acedemic Superstore website you can get the LVSE for $80 as long as you can provide one of the following:

Membership in Home School Association

Receipt for Home School Curriculum

Letter of intent to home school from a state agency

The only reason I knew how to get this info so quickly is that I was looking to get LVSE for myself. Hey, I consider myself a life-long student, but alas I don't meet any requirements to get LVSE. angry.gif

I am homeschooling my kids as well. You can get a copy of the Student edition for homeschoolers, in fact NI encourages this. I teach a class to several homeschool kids. I talked to NI and with the help of my local rep, I was able to get some free copies of LVSE. granted they were LV8.2 but they were free.

Here is a picture of my son with James Kring (He thinks James is a LV god) He wrote his first program when he was only 10 and his project for the class was to make a radar gun for hot wheels cars. We took a Hot wheels car ramp and some photo diodes (I think, its been a while) the kids had to write a program that read the start and the stop with a NI 6008 and calculate the time and how fast the car was going. Very neat project, they loved it.

http://lavag.org/ind...ewimage&img=181

Hope this helps,

• Like 2

Homeschooling does ROCK. Where else can you take your kid to NI week and count it as a school activity.

Your kids are blessed. thumbup1.gif

I would say that is the other way around. Meaning that i am blessed to be a Father of such a kid. He is so outgoing, talks to everyone, and learns everything that he can about everyone and everything he comes into contact with. i'm sure one day when he is using LV2020 he will be on here answering my questions about LV. rolleyes.gif