VISA Resource name have no pop up menu

MViControl

All,

I have sucessfully installed Agilent 82530B GPIB card in my system, and I enabled VISA for LabVIEW, I can operate this card in NI-MAX, but when I want to select this card, I suddenly found that the "VISA Resource name" have no pop up menu any more. before I install the GPIB card, the "VISA Resource name" can list all ports in the system.

Any one have ideas about how to solve this issue?

Thx in advance.

There should be a Menu Button that you can show/hide with a right-click (select Visible Items).

The drop-down list will then display all available VISA resources.

(Or it could be that your VISA class is not set for Instruments.)

I think you misunderstand my point. here the problem is that I have the menu in the control, but when I click menu, there are no any item in the menu except "fresh"

I think you misunderstand my point. here the problem is that I have the menu in the control, but when I click menu, there are no any item in the menu except "fresh"

Can you please upload a screen shot of your port listing in MAX and a screenshot of the dropdown on your control?

So you're not seeing at least the COM ports...

Apart from VISA class, I'm sorry to say I'm at a lost of an explanation.

Yes, I see nothing except the "fresh", but I can see & operate "serial port", "GPIB" in MAX sucessfuly.

Can you please upload a screen shot of your port listing in MAX and a screenshot of the dropdown on your control?

here is VISA Resource name when I click the menu button:

post-6763-125790909412_thumb.gif

Yes, I see nothing except the "fresh", but I can see & operate "serial port", "GPIB" in MAX sucessfuly.

here is VISA Resource name when I click the menu button:

post-6763-125790909412_thumb.gif

This is just a thought. Sometimes this happens to me and it's because the GPIB card is loose in the PCI slot. Once I push it back in the VISA works. I know you said that you can communicate with MAX which would mean that the GPIB card is working, so I'm not too sure if this is your problem.

Which version of VISA drivers are you using at the moment?

Have you tried to reinstall the latest drivers? (v4.6 Run Time or Full)

I use NI-VISA 4.5.1, I will try to reinstall the driver, hope it works.

This is just a thought. Sometimes this happens to me and it's because the GPIB card is loose in the PCI slot. Once I push it back in the VISA works. I know you said that you can communicate with MAX which would mean that the GPIB card is working, so I'm not too sure if this is your problem.

I tryed already, it do not help, I think I should try to reinstall NI-VISA.

After Reinstall the NI-VISA, everything fine now:=)

Had simular problems. Solved by restarting the computer. :frusty:

Have olso seen that I missing com/GPIB instrumets in the drop down menu. Some times I need to start Max, sometimes I must restart LW, and in worst cases I needed to restart computer

Edited by Clio75