Scale

Shijin Knox

Can any one please tell me how can we create a scale programatically. My requirement is there is an Xcontrol for image display. There should be horizontal and vertical scales on both sides of this control. There is a ring structure for selecting "mm" or "inch" units of the scales. When I select "mm" the scale displayed in the xcontrol should be "mm" scale if I select "inch" inch scale should be displayed.

Please help.

Sure. Go to your local hardware store and select a big value pack of batteries. Take them off the shelf. Put them in your cart. Buy it and bag it. Take it home. Take it to your room. You are in control of it's movement. Dance with it if you want. A car battery will give you a bigger charge but it's a lot harder to dance with.

The Image VIs have some VIs to create scales, determing the size of the JPEG and the end-value of the scale.

Writing all these info to a picture display should get you started.

I advise you to first do this with normal VIs and deal later with the XControl building, so first the a proof of concept and place the VIs you create into your XControl.

Ton

I don't know what image.ctl is.

But with the VIs in the picture palette you can easily create the image you've shown.

What code do you have allready?

Ton

image.ctl is the IMAQ Vision Image Control. And that does not have a scale at all, since that is not how images are typically used. Calibrating an image to be exact in physical measurements is a very difficult task in itself. Especially since such a scale has only any meaning for a very specific depth plane in the picture. Anything a little further away or closer by has a different scale.