Quick Drop Plugin - LLB/Menu Type Support

[Cross posted to ni.com]

Hello

I was wondering if it is possible to create a Quick Drop plugin with an LLB type structure. Similar to what you can do with the menu items - have a text file that points to the VI to run.

(I hope that makes sense)

This would be cool for distributing code.

Look forward to hearing if this is possible.

Cheers

JG

I had to elaborate on this one in cross-post...

Hi tst

I will try to explain further and I will use JKI's VI Tester package as an example...

One of the component of VI Tester gets install in the Project Folder (aka Tools Pluign Menu) of LabVIEW.

I.e. <LabVIEW>\project\VI Tester folder contains VI Tester.txt, VI Tester.llb and New folder (containing NewTestCase.llb & NewTestSuite.llb)

VI Tester.txt contains the following text:

VI Tester Menu Launch__VI Tester Menu Launch.vi

New

Causing the Tools RTM looks as follows:

post-10325-125847093143_thumb.png

Therefore, LabVIEW, working with a plugin, is able to be pointed to a specific VI in an LLB through the text file.

Distributing code for a tool in an LLB is a nice way to include all dependencies for the developer.

Now with respect to Quick Drop - it would be great if I could distribute a LLB file and a txt file and Quick Drop can read the text file and know what top level VI to point to in the LLB should that shortcut get called.

So my question is - Is this possible at the moment?