Conversion New to Old

athalia

Hi there,

Need help...can i convert a labview9version file to a labview7.1?

Im currently using 7.1version...but im trying to read a 9version file...Is there a way to read it?

Thanks and Cheers!!

Hi there,

Need help...can i convert a labview9version file to a labview7.1?

Im currently using 7.1version...but im trying to read a 9version file...Is there a way to read it?

Thanks and Cheers!!

heres the file...

Password Input.vi

Password Input.vi

Hi Athalia

As long as all functions and structures etc... used are available in 7.x then you should be able to.

I know you can't save for 7.x using 8.2.1, I don't know which is the first lower version that will work but 8.0 should be fine (maybe someone can confirm which it is?).

You will have to open the VI in LabVIEW 2009 first.

Then select File>>Save for Previous Version...

Then save it down to e.g. LabVIEW 8.0.

Then you will have to open the new VI in e.g. LabVIEW 8.0

Then select File>>Save for Previous Version... again to 7.x

• Like 1

This is annoying.

The two highest on my "bug" list is :

- you can't save to older version without having them all installed

- You can't open a VI that is to old with out having the correct verions installed.

For me I need sometimes to open old VI(I have some from 5.0 and 7.0) or exampels that is writen by others.

And this is not possible if you install the newest. :frusty: All this head-banging gives me headache :angry:

(clam down. Count from 10 to 1 slowly)

Hi Athalia

As long as all functions and structures etc... used are available in 7.x then you should be able to.

I know you can't save for 7.x using 8.2.1, I don't know which is the first lower version that will work but 8.0 should be fine (maybe someone can confirm which it is?).

LabVIEW 2009? Is it the latest version? or its just the installer add-on?or are you talking about the version 9?

Because im quite new to VI :)

Thanks for the reply though.Appreciate it :)

This is annoying.

- You can't open a VI that is to old with out having the correct verions installed.

For me I need sometimes to open old VI(I have some from 5.0 and 7.0) or exampels that is writen by others.

And this is not possible if you install the newest. frusty.gif All this head-banging gives me headache angry.gif

Ya you are rite..why cant they just make it compatible with the rest of the version...haha

And this is not possible if you install the newest. :frusty: All this head-banging gives me headache :angry:

Actually you can have many versions of LabVIEW installed at once. I at one time had 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.1, 8.0, 8.2, 8.5, 8.6, and 2009. All in Windows XP SP3. It's kind of a pain to setup, and it is better to use virtual machines for this if possible. A discussion was created some time ago but I can't seem to find it.

Warning! Installing newer versions after installing 7.1 will remove your 7.1 DAQ drivers.

Such a charming behavior. wacko.gif

Joe Z.

Thanks for mentioning that. While many versions of LabVIEW can co-exist happily, the addons, and extras that come with LabVIEW is a more difficult. When I said "it is a pain to setup" I should have mentioned the extra difficulties involved in making everyone happy. While I had all these versions installed they were mostly used for down converting code. I never actually deployed code saved in 5.0 to a DAQ system.

This is no longer true. At least so far, every version since 8.2 can save all the way back to 8.0.

Yes, but the numbers are reasonably large. You may not be able to open your 5.0 VIs in the newest versions, but you can definitely open the 7.0 VIs.

Why are these "highest" on your list? Do you move code between versions often?

Hi Athalia

Hey jgcode thanks for the steps given from you...Ive manage to convert the file...just like you instruct.

Thanks again!! :)

• 10 years later...

Hi everyone,

There's someone that can help me by converting the attached file (LV2015) into LV2014 file?
The attached file contains a DLL to manage a pressur controller..
It's impossible for me convert the file, searching in the forum i read that there's no way to open file newer than your version to convert them.

Can someone help me please?

Thanks

ge_pace_series.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the reply!

So, what can i do? The file that i've attached in the first message is a Labview Library to hanlde the pressure controller GEPace series 5000...
The library is provided by NI at this page http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=8D9CF3659FFC6452E04400144F1EF859

Do you think thath the only way is to contact NI?

Thanks