My clogged arteries

BobHamburger

I agree exercise is boring. I have started to play tennis. This is FUN. You run around smacking the hell out of a little ball. Great for stress relief a lot of exercise and FUN!

I have to agree. thumbup1.gif

I hate exercise but I love tennis. I didn't start playing until about 10 years ago. I was just over 40 at the time but my SO at the time was an athletic Brit who loved the game. She took me to school. I fell in love with the game so much we joinded a local tennis club where we could play even in the winter. Even though I got very good very quickly (she said I was a "natural") I was such a "newb" (and she had been playing since she was a kid) it goes without saying she kicked my "Yankee @ss" every single match.

I never had so much fun getting my @ss kicked by a girl. wub.gif

I agree exercise is boring. I have started to play tennis. This is FUN. You run around smacking the hell out of a little ball. Great for stress relief a lot of exercise and FUN!

I'm the same - I'll take an hour on the squash or racquetball court over 20 mins on a treadmill anytime.

What do you like better squash or racquetball? Racquetball is fun, but whenever I play it I run into stuff (wall, the other guy)

It depends on what I'm in the mood for. IMHO squash takes more skill and strength, but racquetball is good for a bit of fun for less-cordinated folk (that's why I like both :) ) I grew up playing squash, but I haven't found a lot of squash courts around here (or players for that matter...)

It depends on what I'm in the mood for. IMHO squash takes more skill and strength, but racquetball is good for a bit of fun for less-cordinated folk (that's why I like both :) ) I grew up playing squash, but I haven't found a lot of squash courts around here (or players for that matter...)

Interesting... Skill and strength :nono: sounds like racquetball for me. There are squash courts at MSU. Never saw anyone in there and didn't know much about it.

Interesting... Skill and strength nono.gif sounds like racquetball for me. There are squash courts at MSU. Never saw anyone in there and didn't know much about it.

Yeah - the courts are pretty hard to come by over here, whereas there aren't any racquetball courts back home that I know of. I remeber once tweeting that I was going to play racquetball and getting crap from my Australian friends and family, as well as a slew of poms, that my integration into American society was now complete :D

Squash has more rules, is played with a racquet with a longer shaft and smaller head, and the ball is much smaller and slower (so you do more quick direction changes and running in my experience).