The biggest scam in history

PaulG.

Killer funnel-web spiders invade Sydney

"We've had a long spell of very warm weather combined with rain," said Mary Rayner, general manager of the Australian Reptile Park. "They are starting to come in thick and fast." ... Rex Gilroy, who runs a dangerous spiders hotline in the area, told the Sydney Morning Herald: "I think climate change might have something to do with it. This season there's more moisture and coolness, and the spiders have been able to breed up..."

laugh.gifrolleyes.gifwacko.gifblink.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gifblink.gifnono.gifyes.gifohmy.gifsmile.giflaugh.gif

Killer funnel-web spiders invade Sydney

"We've had a long spell of very warm weather combined with rain," said Mary Rayner, general manager of the Australian Reptile Park. "They are starting to come in thick and fast." ... Rex Gilroy, who runs a dangerous spiders hotline in the area, told the Sydney Morning Herald: "I think climate change might have something to do with it. This season there's more moisture and coolness, and the spiders have been able to breed up..."

laugh.gifrolleyes.gifwacko.gifblink.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gifblink.gifnono.gifyes.gifohmy.gifsmile.giflaugh.gif

In France most most people think that climatgate is very american, some kind of conspiration plot , very Dan Brown . The global warming is seen as a fact, ( the measurement of the air bubble in the antartic ice show it, it has been made by different labs from differents wells ) . One point I can see is wine . The wine has more alcool than before sometimes 14°( 11/12 before in south of France ) in Alsace the Riesling has too much sugar. And you can find winery in south England .

In France most most people think that climatgate is very american, some kind of conspiration plot , very Dan Brown ...

"It's America's fault"! laugh.gif

Priceless.cool.gif

(But I thought it was Bush's fault ... unsure.gif )

I fail to see how "Climatgate" is "American". The University of East Anglia is in the UK and the emails that started the current "Climategate" scandal were hacked to a server in Russia.

Edited by PaulG.

"It's America's fault"! laugh.gif

Priceless.cool.gif

(But I thought it was Bush's fault ... unsure.gif )

I fail to see how "Climatgate" is "American". The University of East Anglia is in the UK and the emails that started the current "Climategate" scandal were hacked to a server in Russia.

My guess is that it's the reaction to the whole thing (i.e. "Climate Gate") that's thought of as an American thing. My feeling is that much of the rest of the Western world (other than us) think of climate change as a non-controversial fact.

Edited by Gary Rubin

My guess is that it's the reaction to the whole thing (i.e. "Climate Gate") that's thought of as an American thing. My feeling is that much of the rest of the Western world (other than us) think of climate change as a non-controversial fact.

That might be true. However, there are a number of folks in Europe who feel duped as much as we do. Also, I don't see our "alphabet soup" lame-stream media going after the "Climategate" story. Maybe it's only a "Vast Right-Wing" and Fox News conspiracy. rolleyes.gif

It is exactly what I wanted to say. Nobody believe that global warming is an invention of a huge conspiration of scientist .

shifty.gif

How can we take global warming seriously when it looks like hell is about to freeze over?rolleyes.gif

See quote from Tbob below

The following was posted in the Breakpoint on the dark side by Tbob. see here

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=BreakPoint&message.id=10388&query.id=2672874#M10388

"

Here is a cajun Boudreaux/Thibodeaux joke about the Saints:

Boudreaux and Thibodeaux died and went to hell. The devil asked them if it was hot enough. Boudreaux replied, "What do you think Thib? About a typical day in June huh!"

The devil gets pissed, turns up the furnace. Now everyone is sweating buckshot. Devil asks again and Boudreaux replies, "Hmmm, about the same as a typical day in July huh Thib."

The devil gets even madder and turns the heat up full blast. Sweat is just pouring from everyone. Devil asks again and Boudreaus says, "Whew it is hot, about the same as a typical day in August." Thibodeaux replies, "Yeah that's just about right."

Devil is extremely angry, shuts down the furnace and turns on the A/C full blast. Sweat turned to icicles. Boudreaux and Thibodeaux are dancing and singing and carrying on. The Devil shouts out, "What the hell is going on now?" They both replied joyfully, "The Saints won the Super Bowl, the Saints won the Super Bowl!!!!"

Hey, it could happen!

"

It is exactly what I wanted to say. Nobody believe that global warming is an invention of a huge conspiration of scientist .

I don't think I've ever said that this scam is a "huge" "conspiration" of scientists. There are a few at UEA that most definitely conspired - on numerous occasions - but it's bigger than that. It's in-your-face FRAUD. It's not much of a conspiracy if major players are refusing to release data under Freedom of Information Act requests where the requests themselves are public knowledge and open for scrutiny. Governments and politicians are not scientists but they are heavily involved in this scam and again, it's not much of a conspiracy since many of the nations involved are democratic and open. The media spikes stories all the time if it does not fit the political view of the station managers and owners. That's why "mainstream" sources such as ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, BBC, NYT, NPR all pretty much say the same thing about GW/"CC" and are not reporting much on it unless it supports GW/"CC". But we have alternatives to the alphabet soup. That is why I don't think of it as a "conspiracy". But I could understand how it could be considered a conspiracy if you are only getting your news from mainstream sources and not paying much attention to anything else.

• Like 1

Couldn't post these in a PM so ignore me as I post them here for Cat.

Thanks for the input, Shaun! I guess you don't fully appreciate my "modern art" avatar. tongue.gif

Back to PM before we are severely reprimanded for being off-topic...

• 3 weeks later...

I love it when I'm right.

For Phil Jones to admit any of this demands my utmost respect. worshippy.gif

"Hey, boss ..."

" ... These stations, they believe, have been seriously compromised by factors such as urbanisation, changes in land use and, in many cases, being moved from site to site..."

"Hey, boss. Since we can't prove global warming for the last 15 years or so would it be OK if I stick this thermistor up your @SS?!" rolleyes.gif

Global warming, uh, umm I mean "cliimate change": The biggest scam in history.

Edited by PaulG.
  • Like 1

It was a tongue-in-cheek commentary on common perception and the influence CO2 has had in public discourse. We created an entire industry and added hundreds of dollars to the cost of cars to cure the smog problem and what did we get? Global warming. What crisis is going to grow out of alternative energy sources?

I know you didn't want to say that, but it sounds like cars didn't produce CO2 when they were still polluting the environment in heavy ways with sulfur, and many other things. And I agree that any alternative will also come with its own problems.

For me the real problem is not the particular energy we use to do what we do, but the sheer amount we use for that. No matter how you will get at that energy it will have sooner or later some impact on our environment. There can be variations in how dangerous or polluting that energy is, but I do not believe that there is any energy source that will not have some negative impacts on us if consumed in the amounts we currently do. And then to think that almost 1/2 of the human population is in fact in so called upcoming economies that strive seem to go to have the same energy consumption that we have!

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

"The biggest scam in history"... I thought the biggest scam in histoty ir religion.

Some of my more religious and conservative associates think Darwinism is the "biggest scam in history". But that's another thread on another forum, and it's not going to be started by me. rolleyes.gif

• 3 weeks later...