The biggest scam in history

PaulG.

Sorry for the RSS bomb, but there's fresh news on the topic: 'No malpractice' by climate unit

From the article: "The chair has been challenged over his other interests. Lord Oxburgh is currently president of the Carbon Capture and Storage Association and chairman of wind energy firm Falck Renewables. "

This entire scam is being perpetrated by a bunch of frauds with conflicts of interest.

• Like 1

That's because our leaders are elected to delegate work to their constituents.wink.gif

Interesting thought... what have we taught them and what do we want to teach them.

One of the things I beilve we have taught them is they can buy our vote by passing laws that take money from my neighbors pocket and put into ours. The progressive income tax system let them contrive a scheme where they can treat one group differently from another group thereby giving the polotcal types the option to buy-of one groups vote with the money from another. Oss the progressive income tax and switch to a flat tax system. We have also taught them that they can crate a set of rules we can't touch (senioritiy rules in congress) that put incumbants in a position where they have power over their peers just because they have been elected more times than their peers. I don't see how a history of a congresional district being consistantly stupid over a large period of time, why their rep should have more clout. So term limits and no seniority rules.

I think the biggest leason we have to re-teach is "They do not make us happy when they spend our money and put or childrens future in jeopardy."

Ben

• Like 1

Interesting thought... what have we taught them and what do we want to teach them.

One of the things I beilve we have taught them is they can buy our vote by passing laws that take money from my neighbors pocket and put into ours. The progressive income tax system let them contrive a scheme where they can treat one group differently from another group thereby giving the polotcal types the option to buy-of one groups vote with the money from another. Oss the progressive income tax and switch to a flat tax system. We have also taught them that they can crate a set of rules we can't touch (senioritiy rules in congress) that put incumbants in a position where they have power over their peers just because they have been elected more times than their peers. I don't see how a history of a congresional district being consistantly stupid over a large period of time, why their rep should have more clout. So term limits and no seniority rules.

I think the biggest leason we have to re-teach is "They do not make us happy when they spend our money and put or childrens future in jeopardy."

Ben

OTher leasson we need to teach...

They work for us and not the other way around.

What is in the constituion does matter.

Never sign (vote ) for anything you have not read.

Ben

term limits

I don't agree with term limits - I think if a representative keeps getting voted in by the people they represent then so be it. I don't think there should be a law stopping the people from electing who they want to represent them, and that's what terms limits does.

I don't agree with term limits - I think if a representative keeps getting voted in by the people they represent then so be it. I don't think there should be a law stopping the people from electing who they want to represent them, and that's what terms limits does.

In an ideal world I am the same page. But I feel we are not living an ideal world so we have to adapt. George Washington set a good example by walking away when they wanted to make him king. All that followed him thru the presidency followed that example until FDR. FDR was still warm when term limits were put in place for the president. I don't believe in coincidence.

Ben

But I feel we are not living an ideal world so we have to adapt.

This sounds like when I can't trust my daughter not to eat a whole bag of M&Ms so I have to just give her a few at a time. In other words, I don't believe she is mature enough, or smart enough to make the right decisions, so I limit her options.

When you're talking about a 14 year old, that's reasonable. When you're talking about all adults over the age of 18 in the USofA, it sounds a bit patronizing.

All of this being said, the majority of voters are for term limits (or have been in the past). "We The People" have voted to limit ourselves. And if/when "We" decide "We" are mature enough to handle it, "We" can vote to remove term limits. That's what democracy is all about.

Of course this isn't going to happen any time soon, since most of us as individuals think "We The People" are just an unruly mob who can't be trusted to vote the "Right Way" (as I can't trust my daughter in the M&M example).

I personally think that term limits should be abolished whenever MY party of choice is in power and reinstated otherwise. tongue.gif

This sounds like when I can't trust my daughter not to eat a whole bag of M&Ms so I have to just give her a few at a time. In other words, I don't believe she is mature enough, or smart enough to make the right decisions, so I limit her options.

When you're talking about a 14 year old, that's reasonable. When you're talking about all adults over the age of 18 in the USofA, it sounds a bit patronizing.

All of this being said, the majority of voters are for term limits (or have been in the past). "We The People" have voted to limit ourselves. And if/when "We" decide "We" are mature enough to handle it, "We" can vote to remove term limits. That's what democracy is all about.

Of course this isn't going to happen any time soon, since most of us as individuals think "We The People" are just an unruly mob who can't be trusted to vote the "Right Way" (as I can't trust my daughter in the M&M example).

I personally think that term limits should be abolished whenever MY party of choice is in power and reinstated otherwise. tongue.gif

OK take another approach Ben.

Maybe its just me but I get a sense that the politician feel they are better than the rest of us and they know better so we should just shut-up and listen to what they are telling us. Their behaviour suggests (to me) that they are in a different class than the rest of us. For me this seems to arise from being a "proffesional politicians" where their only real job is to get re-elected so they can stay in power.

So what can WE do to get our public servant to understand they are our servants and not our superiors?

Looking for your opions,

Ben

• 2 weeks later...

From the CRU press release: "Another area for suggested improvement is in the archiving of data and algorithms, and in recording exactly what was done."

So they admit they threw out the raw data. Am I the only one who still thinks this smells like a SCAM? Un frackin' believable.

No but that is probably not a suprise. I once heard about an idea called the "normalcy bias" that refers to a tendacy that most people have that predisposes them to want to beileve that everything is "normal" despite indications otherwise. E.G. When a fire alarm goes off the first question asked is "Is it real?". Well the fire alarm went off and because there are no fire trucks showing up, the "normalcy bias" may be kicking in.

I still see the climategate stuff as a way to bump up the Chicago Carbon Exchange since the missing element required to turn that "fluffy cloud" sceme into a $10T/year money factory is laws requiring the trading of carbon credits. Joel Rogers (The Wizard) has created quite a web and is just one law short of starting a social land-slide that could end in a global government with all memories of the brief shinning moment that was outlined in "The Constitution".

So you have at least this one "son of a revolutionary" seeing scam.

Ben

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ph34r.gif

"No no no no no ... wait. Global warming will destroy life on earth!!!"

"... no no no no no ... now we are calling it "Climate Change". "

" ... no no no no ... "

"Now we are calling it """""""""Global Climate Disruption""""" "

Global warming/"climate change"/ "global climate disruption" heretics/deniers now return you to your normal LAVA broadcasting ...

ph34r.gif

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, frightening, and funny at the same time. it's definitely something Monty Python would have done if they were still on the air.

I can't see how anyone thought that this would be a positive commercial for the environmentalist movement.

It's highlighting the "if you're not with us you're against" us mentality.

• 3 months later...