Problem loading gpibprtk module

Jon Sjöstedt

Hello all!

I have just installed lv2009 on SLED 10 SP2. Pure lv works fine, but "VISA find" on GPIB0 (which mapps to an internal GPIB-PCI bridge) crashes lv and returns something like "gpibprtk" module missing. The same happens if I try to run "interactive" from gpibexplorer. I can not find anything in the local file tree that seems to be a loadable module named gpibprtk.

Any ideas or suggestions on this appreciated!

Hello!

Here is some possibly useful data:

Loaded modules

lsmod | grep -i ninipalk 1843664 2nikal 91592 3 nipalkusbcore 150312 5 nikal,usbhid,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd

Labview crashes when executing "VISA Find Resource"

linux-rrel:~ # /usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2009/labview &[1] 5787linux-rrel:~ # FATAL: Module gpibprtk not found.[1]+ Aborted /usr/local/natinst/LabVIEW-2009/labviewlinux-rrel:~ #

Interactive GPIB tool crashes the same way (on startup):

linux-rrel:~ # /usr/local/natinst/ni4882/bin/gpibintctrlFATAL: Module gpibprtk not found.Abortedlinux-rrel:~ #

I have attached the simple code that crashes LabVIEW. It is saved in lv2009 format

Hope this helps. And thanks so far :)

VISA_Find.vi

It looks like someone had a similar problem before and was able to get it to working. See if this link helps you figure it out. I think in the end they did an uninstall of all the drivers and reinstalled them because some old NI drivers were causing some kind of conflict. Maybe you should try that.

By the way, that site (the NI Linux community website) is the best place to post these issues because a lot of people post there with NI driver issues and help each other figure it out, even on unsupported Linux distributions.