Do you lay awake at night pictureing the LabVIEW logo?

crelf

I wonder this too! I guess it's a class...

I like to believe that NI was prescient enough 25 years ago to know that classes would be so fundamental to the language that they would put classes on the logo in expectation of their arrival. On the other hand, the logo includes the sequence structure, which casts doubt on the prescience idea. :-)

Is it an integer? There's no coercion dot at the add function.
Clearly the blue wire is also an object, and the add primitive supports automatic downcasting.
I like to believe that NI was prescient enough 25 years ago to know that classes would be so fundamental to the language that they would put classes on the logo in expectation of their arrival. On the other hand, the logo includes the sequence structure, which casts doubt on the prescience idea. :-)

:D

On the other hand, the logo includes the sequence structure, which casts doubt on the prescience idea. :-)

But wait, the sequence structure doesn't have a frame selector, so it "could" be a flat sequence structure (or maybe a 1 frame stacked sequence). That might be more presciently palatabe. Slightly... tongue.gif

I wonder this too! I guess it's a class...

wittycomic39341_large.png

From Christina Rogers's site: http://www.eyesonvis.com (you should subscribe to her blog too!)

I never really thought about it until just now. I guess if I am laying awake thinking about Labview, it is usually thinking about the best way to do something or trying to figure out a bug or something along those lines.

Edited by Daryl

Or that someone used the Icon Editor and drew a triangle with a plus sign on it. Occam's Razor, man, Occam's Razor.

Oh but that's so boring! It's much more fun speculating. Kind of like trying to make up figure out what the V I in V I Engineering stands for. biggrin.gif

Or that someone used the Icon Editor and drew a triangle with a plus sign on it. Occam's Razor, man, Occam's Razor.

One of my favourite t-shirt designs:

wigu-occam.png

I'm not sure where I found this - probably sent to me by justingoeres...

Kind of like trying to make up figure out what the V I in V I Engineering stands for. biggrin.gif

:P

Don't put this on me. You were the one who said it was a primitive and who am I to argue with the great AQ? I wouldn't want to find my classes not working come the next release. ph34r.gif