It's been a good week

TobyD

I just got my CLA results...I PASSED!!! Life is good!

Grats!

I might have to pick your brain a bit... worshippy.gif

I started a new job yesterday that I think is going to be great

He has to say that... people at work read the forums... laugh.gif

Edited by Daklu

Congratulations!

Do you have any notes you would like to share to help those of use who have to re-certify (next week) ?

Ben

You know I can't say much Ben, but here's what I will say...

I was actually surprised. I thought this exam was much easier than the CLD. Perhaps it was just the extra 2 years of experience (and quick drop certainly helped as well). I actually finished everything to my satisfaction with about 5 minutes to spare.

Since I didn't really know what to expect I went back and reviewed the 3 CLD sample exams again. That turned out to be a really good idea. Remember that you are allowed to use the built in LabVIEW Templates. I spent some time practicing building various architectures starting from the templates and adding in things like error handling so that I was able to very quickly generate a framework during the test.

The other thing that I had to keep reminding myself is that I didn't have to actually write the code, just define the inputs and outputs to each subVI and wire them up and then add a brief comment as to what the subVI should do. I ended up actually coding up one of my subVIs as a sanity check to make sure that what I wanted it to do would actually work...it did. :)

And most of all...Good Luck!

Remember that you are allowed to use the built in LabVIEW Templates.

Not only are you allowed to, I'd encourage it - the exam graders are probably more familiar with the templates than anything custom you come up with, so using the built-in templates is in the interest of helping them grade your work.

The bump of this thread has me thinking...

Yes a good week and today I complete my first year as a Granfather, the Steeler won the 6th Super Bowl, the Penguins won the Stanley Cup, I got promoted to Senior Architect, and I sat for the CLA-recert and submitted a LVOOP design. I was nervous about it at the time but quoting someone wise;

It is better to have tried and failed than to have never have tried at all.

So it has been a GREAT year for me.

Ben

The bump of this thread has me thinking...

...the Penguins won the Stanley Cup...

Ben

Boo, I say to that! throwpc.gif

Here I thought you were a thoughful intelligent human being and then you had to spoil it. shifty.gif

j/k... Seriously, great series for the Pens. I liked them a lot better after they got rid of that doofus of a coach Michel Therrien. Look forward to three in a row!

-Scott

Oh, yes... Kudos to you, Toby, for your accomplishment.thumbup1.gif