Deploy application to PDA

menghuihantang

OK, I know this is a topic talked over and over both here and ni.com/forums, but I still cannot figure out how to run the application on my Motorola MC1000.

http://forums.ni.com...uireLogin=False

this post suggests that some DLL files might be missing, such as

• commctrl.dll
  • commdlg.dll
  • COREDLL.dll
  • ole32.dll
  • WINSOCK.dll
  • WS2.dll

So need to install Window CE SDK. I tried this path, downloaded the CE 5.0 SDK, but how to install the package into my MC1000. I copied the Microsoft Pocket PC 2003 SDK intaller package, but cannot run the installation, says requiring another application to run the installer. So now the question is how I install a program in a PDA.

I have LabVIEW 2009 and Mobile Module 2009, and a Motorola running on Window CE5.0. PDA is totally a new territory, so I hope anyone who has gone through this would share some thoughts here. Thanks.

OK, I know this is a topic talked over and over both here and ni.com/forums, but I still cannot figure out how to run the application on my Motorola MC1000.

http://forums.ni.com...uireLogin=False

this post suggests that some DLL files might be missing, such as

• commctrl.dll
  • commdlg.dll
  • COREDLL.dll
  • ole32.dll
  • WINSOCK.dll
  • WS2.dll

So need to install Window CE SDK. I tried this path, downloaded the CE 5.0 SDK, but how to install the package into my MC1000. I copied the Microsoft Pocket PC 2003 SDK intaller package, but cannot run the installation, says "There is no application associated with 'Microsoft Pocket PC 2003 SDK'". So now the question is how I install a program in a PDA.

I have LabVIEW 2009 and Mobile Module 2009, and a Motorola running on Window CE5.0. PDA is totally a new territory, so I hope anyone who has gone through this would share some thoughts here. Thanks.

It's been a while since I worked with the PDA module, but in previous versions, all you had to do was call the build, which would (behind the scenes) convert the LV code to C and compile it into an EXE using eVC. Then, all you had to do was move the EXE over to the PDA and run it.

That said, I never worked with DAQ devices on the PDA, so I can't comment on that. I would assume that the PDA module or NI's site have documents explicitly explaining how to build an app, but if you can't find them, you can try talking to your local NI office.

It's been a while since I worked with the PDA module, but in previous versions, all you had to do was call the build, which would (behind the scenes) convert the LV code to C and compile it into an EXE using eVC. Then, all you had to do was move the EXE over to the PDA and run it.

That said, I never worked with DAQ devices on the PDA, so I can't comment on that. I would assume that the PDA module or NI's site have documents explicitly explaining how to build an app, but if you can't find them, you can try talking to your local NI office.

I finally called NI Application Engineer for help. The answer is pretty --- awkward. I was told that NI Mobil Module supports WINDOWS MOBILE OS, but very often has issue with WINDOW CE OS. So a better solution is to switch to Windows Mobile.

However, it is not impossible to make it work with CE. How? No Clue.

DOES THIS MAKE SENSE TO ANYONE?

Hi Jim77215

Yes it can by using C files that can be called bay 'call funcrion library node'.

Write a C function and handle the parameters like calling a dll in windows.

You dont have to reference a specific dll. Just write C:\ in the path window

of the 'call funcrion library node' configuration menue. Add the function name

and the function parameters. Press OK.

Connect all the funcion inputs and outputs to the node and save the VI.

When you load the VI, LV will search for the VI. You can simply say ignore item

or abort it the file dialog apears.

Add the C file to your LV PDA project.

Add the C file to your build settings as a additional file.

Build your application. Thats it.

We have implemented DIO, A/D, CAN and other functions to our project this

way.

With kind regards

Martin Kunze

KDI Digital Instrumentation.com

e-mail: martin.kunze@digital-instrumentation.com

Tel: +49 (0)441 9490852

I see no connection between your first post and what you reference here

And while LabVIEW PDA supports Mobile and Windows Mobile is the successor to Windows CE, I indeed doubt that LabVIEW PDA goes as far as supporting CE releases.

And your original problem of not being able to install a new Windows CE release onto your smart phone points much more basic problems than being able to run LabVIEW applications on it.

Sorry.