Make Window Tranparent

Hi, this is my firs time here. I didn't Know there were any chances to change the shape of a Front Panel but I'm very interested in doing it. I'd be glad to know the way to do it.

So long

You can see one example for this here. Unfortunately, since LTR (where those VIs were published) went out of business, those VIs are no longer available on their site. I may have some others in one of my other computers, but I will need to search for it.

If you want, you can try going to the MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) and read more about the other functions available in GDI32.dll, but unless you have some experience with calling DLLs from LV, this may be hard for you. There are some tutorials on NIs site for working with external code.

You can see one example for this here. Unfortunately, since LTR (where those VIs were published) went out of business, those VIs are no longer available on their site. I may have some others in one of my other computers, but I will need to search for it.

If you want, you can try going to the MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) and read more about the other functions available in GDI32.dll, but unless you have some experience with calling DLLs from LV, this may be hard for you. There are some tutorials on NIs site for working with external code.

Thank you so much, I'm trying to manage DLL in LabVIEW but I have a lot of problem :headbang:

• 5 months later...
I have changed it to work with all colors (a tiny modification: RGB goes to BGR).

Thanks Aitor. Nice modification. I am using your new version in a spash screen for a new project now.

Great Job! :thumbup:

(And thanks again to Irene for starting this :worship: )

I'm glad is useful, though my improvement is really small.

LV8 already has the possibility of running a VI with transparency, but I think this is more powerful, as also allows to define a specific color and, so, making "holes" in the front panel.

BTW, it doesn't work with remote panels. It's obvious, since it makes a call to a local dll, but just for the record.

Saludos,

Aitor

Recently I created a vi to make window semi/full transparent. I don't know if this function already exists somewhere, but anyway it's free. And I post here now.

Irene

Hi Irene,

there is a new VI 'transparency' property node in LabVIEW 8.0 to do just that.

See: Examples>New for LV 8>TransparentVI.vi

Neville.

• 1 year later...

I put the ideas in the thread to use and made an example of a transparent background splash screen that fades in and then stays visible while a startup process completes. Take a look at the attached VIs to see how this is done. You can replace the graphic with your own to customize this example.

Be sure to use the PNG format for your graphic. I recommend Paint.NET as a good free editor for creating PNGs. The one in this example was built by lifting a graphic off NI's website.

Hope you find this useful.

-John

• 1 year later...

QUOTE (jlokanis @ Sep 20 2007, 10:37 PM)

I put the ideas in the thread to use and made an example of a transparent background splash screen that fades in and then stays visible while a startup process completes. Take a look at the attached VIs to see how this is done. You can replace the graphic with your own to customize this example.

Be sure to use the PNG format for your graphic. I recommend Paint.NET as a good free editor for creating PNGs. The one in this example was built by lifting a graphic off NI's website.

-John

Awesome.

Thank you very much for sharing this :-)

QUOTE (jlokanis @ Sep 21 2007, 05:37 AM)

-John

John, keep rolling out the magic :thumbup:

Beautiful!

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...