LabVIEW 64-bit and 32-bit

The basic rule for 64-bit LV is the same as it is for any other OS - you can open a VI you saved in the same version or older. When you open it, LV recompiles the binary code, so it doesn't matter which machine it originated from. If you want to compile an executable on a 32 bit machine and run it on a 64 bit one, I believe Windows handles that transparently. I'm not sure if the other way around is possible.

• 2 weeks later...
This NI DevZone page really helped me once I eventually found it. I had issues with finding a distinction between 64bit compatible (WoW64) and 64bit native software on NI.com. My team ended up using 32bit LabVIEW in Windows 7 64bit because of the particular modules we needed and still had performance gains from the change of OS, was XP 32bit before... well, a shiny new PC helped out with those performance gains as well.

This NI DevZone page really helped me once I eventually found it. I had issues with finding a distinction between 64bit compatible (WoW64) and 64bit native software on NI.com. My team ended up using 32bit LabVIEW in Windows 7 64bit because of the particular modules we needed and still had performance gains from the change of OS, was XP 32bit before... well, a shiny new PC helped out with those performance gains as well.

Hi,

Some issue in the link what you have posted. I couldnt get it connected!

Hi,

Some issue in the link what you have posted. I couldnt get it connected!

Strange, the link still looks fine from my computer. If you go to ni.com and search for "Using National Instruments Products on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows", you should find the article. It's in the NI Developer Zone articles.

Strange, the link still looks fine from my computer. If you go to ni.com and search for "Using National Instruments Products on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows", you should find the article. It's in the NI Developer Zone articles.

Thanks for the quick response - i got it now...