radar system for personal safety

GSR

I live in a unsafety city. I always think whether it is possible to build a radar/thermal infrared circuit to detect someone who are close to me/ move toward me very fast. :shifty:

I thought to use ultrasould device like a bat's hearing system, but this may not work because my body will stop part of the ultrasound. Then, the system will not work for 360 degrees.

Any suggestion?? tell me your what you think. :lol:

I live in a unsafety city. I always think whether it is possible to build a radar/thermal infrared circuit to detect someone who are close to me/ move toward me very fast. :shifty:

I thought to use ultrasould device like a bat's hearing system, but this may not work because my body will stop part of the ultrasound. Then, the system will not work for 360 degrees.

Any suggestion?? tell me your what you think. :lol:

By a gun. Get some training and a CCW.

Or move to a safer place.

Yes a hat or a phased array antenana built into your belt.

Would it sell?

But since we are brain-storming, how about a backup beeper built into our belt.

Ben

Yes a hat or a phased array antenana built into your belt.

Would it sell?

But since we are brain-storming, how about a backup beeper built into our belt.

Ben

Have you also considered just using a Somebody Else's Problem (SEP)-field? Would pretty much simplify everything (no need to move away, no bodybuilding to bash around with that heavy battery-bat).

Felix

Another advantage to an SEP is that "The SEP field requires much less energy than a normal invisibility field (a single torch battery can run it for over a hundred years) due to the natural propensity of humans to see things as Somebody Else's Problem."

The bat should contain a kinetic charging device like those flashlights that you shake. The more hitting with the bat, the more power you get!

I feel a comercial product developing here... now inspired by the "The man said Ta-Da." commecial...

Include motion sensors and a built in projector it could project giant "Pooowwww" "Kerplomp" , etc on the walls so we can all enjoy being Batman (or Bat Girl) if we want. Add the ability to upload your favorite comic hero ...

Ben

Use an ultrasonic sensor (or are they radar?) like they use to open the door at the grocery store. Make it battery powered. Wear four sensors for 360 coverage. (I'm picturing someone with something on their head that resembles an air raid siren.) On top of that would be a can of mace mounted to a rotary actuator that would have a linear actuator attached in such a way that could activate the spray button.

When someone approaches (you could even set the sensitivity) your software would triangulate direction, speed, etc., rotate the can of mace to the proper direction and spray the Whoop @ss.

You would be more dangerous than a rabid skunk. smile.gif

Have you also considered just using a Somebody Else's Problem (SEP)-field? Would pretty much simplify everything (no need to move away, no bodybuilding to bash around with that heavy battery-bat).

Felix

It seems that everyone I work has a SEP-field. Except me.

:angry:

It could cover 360 degrees if you wore it like a hat biggrin.gif.

I keep thinking about those tin foil hats to stop aliens from invading your brain.

http://www.stopabductions.com

My favorite quote:

"The thought screen helmet has effectively stopped several types of aliens from abducting or controlling humans. Only four failures have been reported since 1998."